volfenhag system

should I or no  

10 members have voted

1. 1. should I or no

• yeah
    • neah

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have a pioneer deh340 hu (50x4 w/ mosfet) and 6.5" pioneer 200w reference series infinity's all the way around. Looking at doing volfenhag subs, but haven't actually heard them, only about them. NE good? Was considering four 8000w 10s w/ two hella big amps (boss maybe). Need the word on amps also, and whatever else would be required (caps or whatever). All opinions welcome!

~David

• 3 weeks later...

hey blazer since you seem to know a little bit about volfenhag subs and stuff like that, what do i need to do to be able to be cruising down the road with only 2 of the 12's pounding and if say some one pulls up next to me trying to compete with the sound that i create i could flip a switch and blow them out of the water when the other two 12's kick on. isnt there some sort of switch system to be able to that?

• 2 weeks later...

yea you could run a type of system like that but you would have to rig it somehow but im not sure how. will have to look into it. also on teh subs i would get either the 2002 model or the better looking and more powerfull 2003 model. they pound hard. take a look on ebay for some of the stuff ur looking for

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if they starting making their subs better or not, but my buddy blew the crap out of his vc with a smaller Phoenix gold amp. Of course he fried 3 polk momos also. I have never been fond of these subs. I know of a lot of subs in the same price range with much better performance. Cheaper ussually isn't better.

www.customcaraudiosystems.com

phoenix gold amps aint a joke. I seen a tiny ass 400w gold slam the hell out of 4 1000w 10"s. Oh, dd biggy, dont waste your money on a boss amp. I've had a few of them and they suck. Go for a phoenix gold, PPI, or an audio arc. All of them slam.

lol, thanks, thought this thread (and my post) was forgotten long ago. How wrong was I... anyways, edit to above: 800 watts each, accidentally tossed in an extra zero. I'll bet you assumed that much already though. Have been looking around, and phoenix gold definitely looks tight, but a lil' expensive. If they put out as well as you all are saying though, then they are well worth it. Thanks fellas.

It all depends on what kind of car. I know a gilr that had 2 Volf 1000W 12's in her trunk and they hit well with a 500W amp but when my friend put them in his talon with the same 500W amp I couldn't see straight with the sub controll almost all the way up on his headunit! It all depends my friend.

Stay away from a Volf headunit though! Get something quality like an Alpine or something along those lines. Make sure the preouts have good power for your RCA's or you'll get no signal to your amp and a headunit with a sub control is always helpfull too instead of just being able to adjust the bass and treble!

• 9 months later...

well i think i have made adecision on whatim going to do as far as my audio set up. i think that im going to go with the new 2005 model Kicker Solo X 12 with 1 or 2 of kickers 2500w amps to power the beast. im also thinking about alpine 6 1/2's for my mids and highs.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I'd steer clear of that brand altogether, the surrounds on the speakers are too small, they can't throw at all. They have faulty spyders and the sound quality at any setup is awful compared to Alpine or JL. Set your sights a little higher than that German crap, if there's one thing they can't make it's entry-level speakers. I'd take lightning Audio over that mess.

• 1 month later...

Archived