Need a powerful amp for cheap? Step inside then. . .

CBRF4i

Well, i haven't really reviewed anything in a while so. . I figured id jump on that. I have a buddy currently running 4 12" RE SE's in his Dodge Durango. His HiFonics amp took a dump on him. . . so we set off looking for new amps.

What we came up with was 2 Hypnotic Vertigo V2000DX.

http://hypnoticusa.com/vertigo_amplifiers.htm

I have to say, at 199.00 the price and performance is almost too real to be true. Testing on the DIMM the amp is putting out an average of around 1410 watts but somewhat inconsistent since his charge was jumping between 12.8-13.9v . . . I will definately have to get him to beef up his electrical supply and then really see how efficient/inefficient this amp will run. But so far, seems to power the subs nice (subs are 600 watts RMS, installed in 1.6 cu^ft sealed enclosures). They run a little warm, but not 'hot' and surprisingly, dont take up a whole lot of room.

Anyway. . if you want cheap these seem to be great budget amps. . the V1000 can be had for 160.00 the V1500 can be found for 180.00 and the V2000 can be had for 199.00 if you do a little shopping.

Archived