IM Stumped

jfizzle88

so i have a 96 civic ex with the d16y8, and here recently when the motor is still cold while you are driving it will buck and jerk and sometimes it will die...idk if its a fuel issue or what i check for codes and its not throwing anything i tried iso heet in the gas to evaporate any water if there were any...i have been told maybe the i.a.c.v (idle-air-control-valve) but i doubt thats it, i have been told fuel pump, maybe new fuel filter, maybe even my apexi 2 v-tech controller i just need some input about what some other ppl think it could be thanks for reading and hopefully helping me out

+1 ^^^ and it could be the IACV. Try spraying some trottle body cleaner through the IACV port in the trottle body. Sound more like an ignition issue, but you should check your fuel pressure and try and rule that out. Could also be a vaccum leak (worth checking for).

• 1 month later...
so i have a 96 civic ex with the d16y8, and here recently when the motor is still cold while you are driving it will buck and jerk and sometimes it will die...idk if its a fuel issue or what i check for codes and its not throwing anything i tried iso heet in the gas to evaporate any water if there were any...i have been told maybe the i.a.c.v (idle-air-control-valve) but i doubt thats it, i have been told fuel pump, maybe new fuel filter, maybe even my apexi 2 v-tech controller i just need some input about what some other ppl think it could be thanks for reading and hopefully helping me out

Check the timing.My son was having issues with his 91 civic si. It would start up fine, but it had a miss in it and would idle up and down. It would also cut out, pop and crack and spit and spoutter when you would get on it..It had jumped time, so he replaced the timing belt and now it seems to be fine. I dont know to much about Hondas, pretty much old school here, but sometimes if you just at the basics youll find your problem if your lucky.Good luck

Archived