Idle Problems with a thrown light

94civicswap

Having problems with the idle on my civic. Its a 94 hatch with an OBD2 LS swap. Just got the clutch changed and the battery cable was taken off. It threw a check engine light, and now is idleing high. I pulled the sensor off of the IAC and the idle didnt change. Is the problem the Idle Air control, or could it be a computer problem? Could use some help. Im new to the whole swap stuff and could use any advice available.

ok pulled the code and came back with code 6. ECT high/low input. Dont understand how this would affect the car's idling problems though.

Engine Coolant Temp sensor. It will affect the idle. Replace sensor, clear code, you're good.

Engine Coolant Temp sensor. It will affect the idle. Replace sensor, clear code, you're good.

Will the problematic sensor also cause starting problems? The car is very hard to get started when its cold. Ive never had any trouble starting the car before these problems began.

Will the problematic sensor also cause starting problems? The car is very hard to get started when its cold. Ive never had any trouble starting the car before these problems began.

Replace the sensor and see. OBD2 cars do some weird things when their sensors are messed up.

Replace the sensor and see. OBD2 cars do some weird things when their sensors are messed up.

ok so i changed the sensor and the idle hasnt changed. I made a mistake in my previous thread regarding the IAC. I pulled the sensor off of the IAC and the idle went way down. I plug it back up and the idle shoots back up and hunts. I then turn the car off, and then restart it and it will again idle high. Any thoughts?

ok so i changed the sensor and the idle hasnt changed. I made a mistake in my previous thread regarding the IAC. I pulled the sensor off of the IAC and the idle went way down. I plug it back up and the idle shoots back up and hunts. I then turn the car off, and then restart it and it will again idle high. Any thoughts?

Clear the code yet?

Clear the code yet?

Well, I have tried to reset it multiple times. have taken the wires off both terminals of the battery like im supposed to and it still will not clear the code. Replaced the battery last night which ended being my starting problem ( which also makes me feel like an idiot fot not thinking of it before). I dont know what else to try, unless its still showing a problem somewhere. Could it be due to differing computers between the motor and the car? Also did some more troubleshooting late last night. I think i have narrowed down the idle problem to the IAC. With the car fully warmed up, i plugged both vacuum holes inside the throttle body and the car spit and sputtered and wanted to cut off. Which is what leads me to believe the problem is the IAC.

To clear the code on my mom's 98 GSR we had to use the obdII reader to clear them. I don't think pulling the battery on an obdII will clear codes.

have the codes cleared with the reader, and see if that fixes it.

well got the idle fixed. Turns out it was the IACV. I cleaned it really well with Carb Cleaner and now the car idles just fine. thanks for all the help.

Archived