Wanted: 94-97 JDM Accord Digital Climate Control wiring diagram.

jerry-6

Hi there,

Has anybody seen 5th gen jdm DCC system wiring diagram?

I have recently retrived myself from accord cd7 all components to upgrade manual system. Fortunately I live in the UK and have RHD car.

Since last year I have spent a lot of hours and late nights searching for wiring diagram and self diagnosis with no luck at all.

It is easy to get it for other hondas.

5th generation 94 - 97 accords with DCC system have only been released on japanese market and this particular wiring diagram with description might not even exists in other language than Kanji! It would be helpful any way.

If anyone of you can help me it would be muuuch appreciated!

Hi there,

Has anybody seen 5th gen jdm DCC system wiring diagram?

I have recently retrived myself from accord cd7 all components to upgrade manual system. Fortunately I live in the UK and have RHD car.

Since last year I have spent a lot of hours and late nights searching for wiring diagram and self diagnosis with no luck at all.

It is easy to get it for other hondas.

5th generation 94 - 97 accords with DCC system have only been released on japanese market and this particular wiring diagram with description might not even exists in other language than Kanji! It would be helpful any way.

If anyone of you can help me it would be muuuch appreciated!

Assuming you have the connections for your DCC already, please provide a pin out. If you are unsure of what a pin out is or how to make one, please let me know.

Edit: I understand you have no way of labeling each connection, but please provide the number and color pin out.

Hello James

I went through all automotive and Honda forums an nobody has even mentioned about jdm 5th gen Accord DCC system pinouts and wiring diagram. It was quiet rare and only jdm option.

Thanks wiring harness I retrived from doner CD7 Accord I have 80% of connections. Most of Hondas don't use heater core temp sensors. They use ECT sensors, like my one I think.

Jdm 5th gen Accord DCC unit pinouts are as follow:

20pin black jdm DCC unit connector:

1 ORN/BLK - Power transistor - for sure

2 GRY - Airmix motor - for sure

3 RED/WHY - Airmix motor - for sure

4 RED/YEL - Airmix motor - for sure

5 BLU - Mode ctrl motor - for sure

6 BLU/RED - Mode ctrl motor - for sure

7 YEL/GRN - Mode ctrl motor - for sure

8 LT GRN/BLK - Mode ctrl motor - for sure

9 LT GRN/WHY - Mode ctrl motor - for sure

10 BLU/BLK - ? To drive blower motor high relay? ECT sensor?

11 BRN - Evaporator temp sensor - for sure

12 YEL/GRN - ? All temp sensors common ground?

13 WHY/RED - Sunload temp sensor - for sure

14 Not used/PNK - see below

15 BRN/WHY - Ambient temp sensor - for sure

16 YEL/RED - Inside temp sensor - for sure

17 PNK/BLK - Airmix motor - for sure

18 LT GRN - Mode ctrl motor - for sure

19 Not used

20 Not used

8 pin grey jdm DCC unit connector:

1 BLK/YEL - Ignition key in ACC(+)? IGN(+)? - not sure

2 GRN/RED - Recirculation motor - for sure

3 GRN/WHY - Recirculation motor - for sure

4 WHY/YEL - Battery (+) - not sure

5 RED - Brightness controller - not sure

6 RED/BLK - Brightness controler - not sure

7 BLK - Groud (-) - not sure

8 BLU/RED - Blower motor and power transistor - for sure

How to connect BLK/YEL wires from:

- Recirculation motor

- 8pin grey DCC unit connector

- Mode ctrl motor

How to connect YEL/GRN wire from Airmix ctrl motor?

How to connect thick YEL/BLK wire from blower motor? Blower motor (high) relay?

Do I have to use blower motor high relay at all?

I have another 5th gen Accord DCC unit with connectors bought year ago. It has an extra PNK (pink) wire going from 20pin black DCC unit connector - pin no14.

Any idea what is it for? An extra option?

It could be such an easy job having wiring diagram...

Somebody must have one!!!

:help: :help: :help:

So you're not confused, in the US, we abreviate white with WHT, not WHY. I think I used WHT in a few places below, I just did not want you to be confused.

I assume this is what your working with:

img0955jp3.jpg

1 ORN/BLK - Power transistor - correct

2 GRY - Airmix motor - correct

3 RED/WHY - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

4 RED/YEL - Airmix motor - correct

5 BLU - Mode ctrl motor - correct

6 BLU/RED - Mode ctrl motor - correct

7 YEL/GRN - Mode ctrl motor - correct

8 LT GRN/BLK - Mode ctrl motor - correct

9 LT GRN/WHY - Mode ctrl motor - correct

10 BLU/BLK - To drive blower motor high relay - correct

11 BRN - Evaporator temp sensor - correct

12 YEL/GRN - All temp sensors common ground - correct

13 WHY/RED - Sunload temp sensor - correct

14 PNK - Heater Core Temperature Sensor

15 BRN/WHY - Ambient temp sensor - correct

16 YEL/RED - Inside temp sensor - correct

17 PNK/BLK - Airmix motor - correct

18 LT GRN - Mode ctrl motor - correct

19 Not used

20 Not used

1 BLK/YEL - Fuse #8, 12V, 7.5A, Hot with key in the ON position

2 GRN/RED - Recirculation motor - correct

3 GRN/WHY - Recirculation motor - correct

4 WHY/YEL - Memory, 12V, 7.5A, Hot all times, wire this to the stereo's WHT/YEL wire (C429 pin 4)

5 RED - Brightness controller - correct

6 RED/BLK - Brightness controler - correct

7 BLK - Groud (-) - correct

8 BLU/RED - Blower motor and power transistor - correct

How to connect YEL/GRN wire from Airmix ctrl motor? -The Airmix ctrl motor should have a green 7-pin connection with a YEL/GRN wire coming out, this is the wire that connects to pin #7 on the black 20-pin connector. Here is the pin-out for the Airmix ctrl motor:

C436 (7 pin) Airmix ctrl motor (a/k/a the Mode Control Motor)

1 BLK/YEL (1) - Fuse #8, 12V, 7.5A, Hot with key in ON position

2 BLU (2) - Mode Control Motor: Defrost

3 BLU/RED (2) - Mode Control Motor: Heat/Defrost

4 YEL/GRN (2) - Mode Control Motor: Heat

5 LT GRN/BLK (2) - Mode Control Motor: Bi-Level

6 LT GRN/WHT (2) – Mode Control Motor: Vent

7 LT GRN/RED (1) – Drive Circuit ground

I have another 5th gen Accord DCC unit with connectors bought year ago. It has an extra PNK (pink) wire going from 20pin black DCC unit connector - pin no14. Any idea what is it for? -Yes, see below. An extra option? -No!

The PNK wire is an input signal from the Heater Core Temperature Sensor. Honda either used a Heater Core Temperature Sensor with the A/C Evaporator Core Sensor (RHD Accords with DCC and Preludes with DCC, see below) or just the A/C Evaporator Core Sensor by itself (1st Generation Acura CL). The CL DCC is different from yours, but strikingly similar to the Prelude. The Prelude DCC is different in that the display is amber rather than blue, and the Prelude unit uses the Heater Core Temperature Sensor.

Heater Core Temperature Sensor installed in a USDM Prelude Heater Core:

14.jpg

How to connect thick YEL/BLK wire from blower motor? -You actually don't even mess with this wire, see below.

How to connect thick YEL/BLK wire from Blower motor (high) relay? -See below.

Do I have to use blower motor high relay at all -Yes!

This is how to make the switch from Resistor to Relay/Transistor:

First off, the resistor you currently have, should be connected as follows:

C619 (5 pin) Blower Motor Resistor

1 BLU/RED – Fuse #17 (via relay), 12V, 30A, Hot with key in ON position

2 BLU/BLK - Fan speed #3

X Empty

4 BLU/YEL - Fan speed #2

5 BLU - Fan speed #1

You can pull the wires from the 5-pin resistor connector and use them in the new connections or you can solder. Please note the wire colors below are as found on the 1st Generation Acura CL. As such, some match the JDM Accord, and some do not.

A/C Power Transistor

1 BLU/RED – repin with wire from C619 pin 1

2 ORN/BLK – connect to ORN/BLK on the 20-pin black DCC connector.

3 BLK – Make a connection to Ground #403 (G403)

Blower Motor High Relay

1 BLU/RED – connect to the BLU/RED wire now attached to the A/C Power Transistor without severing that wire

2 BLK/YEL – connect to Fuse #8, 12V, 7.5A, Hot with key in ON position

3 BLK – make a connection to G403

4 BLU/ORN – connect to BLU/RED on the 8-pin grey DCC connector.

ResistortoTransistor.jpg

How to connect BLK/YEL wires from Recirculation motor -That BLK/YEL wire should already have a connection.

How to connect BLK/YEL wires from 8pin grey DCC unit connector -See pin-out above.

How to connect BLK/YEL wires from Mode ctrl motor -You need to connect the BLK/YEL coming from the Mode Control Motor to Fuse #8. Fuse #8 is a 12V, 7.5A source that is Hot with key in ON position. There are a few wires you can tap into, this is your choice, so consult the wiring diagram for your car.

Sources:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=29881&view=findpost&p=310226

http://www.jrcormier.com/prelude/jdmclimatecontrol

Do I have to use blower motor high relay at all -Yes!

After reviewing the circuit diagram, I have come to the conclusion that your fan motor would not be able to receive sufficient voltage to acheive its highest fan speed. Your climate control would not be able to cool the car as it should and would therefore not function properly.

In my car, when it is really hot and the car is first turned on, I can hear the relay click open, only then does the fan come on at full speed.

3 RED/WHY - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

To properly install the Acura CL dash with Digital Climate Control (DCC) in my USDM Accord, I connected the RED/WHT wire from the DCC to the RED/WHT wire coming from my Engine Control Module (ECM) which connects to the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (ECTS). The ECM is located under the passenger side kick plate. The ECM receives a signal from the ECTS via the RED/WHT wire leaving the ECM. In reality, you can run the wire from the DCC to any point on the connection between the actual ECTS and the ECM. Since the ECTS is in the engine bay, I figured it was easier to get to the ECTS by soldering a wire to the RED/WHT coming from the ECM. Just remember to connect to that wire without severing it.

1 BLK/YEL - Fuse #8, 12V, 7.5A, Hot with key in the ON position

Since Honda powers their components in parallel, all you need to do is find any BLK/YEL wire that you can identify as being connected to Fuse #8. You can then use the BLK/YEL wire you find to power both the Digital Climate Control (DCC) and the Blower Motor High Relay, just remember to connect to that wire without severing it.

You should be replacing the Honda Accord's A/C resistor-transistor with a resistor for the DCC, c.f. "20-pin black jdm DCC unit connector, pin 11 BRN - Evaporator temp sensor". The Honda Accord's A/C resistor-transistor uses a reference voltage from Fuse #8 which is perfect since you will be removing the transistor-resistor. You can use that transistor's reference voltage to power the DCC, the Mode Control Motor, and the Blower Motor High Relay.

Sorry for late response.

I have just finished drawing my DCC wiring diagram using Smart Draw program. It was not easy at all but will make things more clear and should be done any way.

I have retrieved myself as much factory conections as I was able to cause I know it is very hard to get wiring diagram for my car. The diagram is based on REAL FACTORY harness/conections. I will send you it soon.

You have mentioned about RED/WHT wire, 20pin BC, no3. (not RED/WHY, my mistake!) That UNCUT wire goes from 20p.BC pin no 3 directly to Airmix Ctrl motor (7pin Green Connector, pin no 1) with no other connections.

Most probably YEL/GRN wire (BC pin 12) Should be connected to ECT sending unit. It is hoocked up to ECU by YEL/GRN wire too. I have manual tran.

The other mysterious BLU/BLK wire (BC pin 10) I think, should be linked with AC Pressure Switch. I have whole lenght of this wire from jdm doner car with brown connector on the end. It goes from DCC unit stright to 12 pin Brown jdm Connector (pin 5 looking from inside of the car) attached to the top of fuse box (in RHD car). On my car in the same conector and the same pin 5 I have BLU/YEL wire witch goes to AC pressure switch.

Now about Blower Motor High Relay.

There is no wires left on both DCC unit connectors to control BMHR unless I am wrong with AC pressure switch (BLU/BLK) and ECT sending unit (YEL/GRN). Also in my retrieved jdm Blower Motor and Power Transistor wire harness ("T" shape) I have UNCUT thick BLU/RED wire with the only factory junction with BLU/RED normal size wire going to jdm GC pin8. There is no signs of existance of the relay at all!

Is it possible that Honda designed this particular DCC sustem without one? It looks like! By the way there actually is resistor inbuild into Power Transistir joining BLU/RED and ORN/BLK wire (not included in my diagram).

The PNK wire I have asked you before does not exist in my setup. It was on another car and there is no need to warry about it.

Have a think about it in your spare time please and let me know what do you reckon.

One more thing.

All components of DCC System I have removed carefuly myself. There was no more sensors apart of outside, inside, evap. and sunload sensors. On the bottom of jdm heater housing there was only empty hole/slot for inserting Heater Core Temp Sensor as seen i.e. on your car. My system apparently uses either ECT Sensor or ECT Sending Unit (YEL/GRN wire). I am just about to fit Ambient Temp Sensor and engine bay harness. Hope it will not be raining...

We have terrible weather this summer.

Sorry for late response.

I have just finished drawing my DCC wiring diagram using Smart Draw program. It was not easy at all but will make things more clear and should be done any way.

I have retrieved myself as much factory conections as I was able to cause I know it is very hard to get wiring diagram for my car. The diagram is based on REAL FACTORY harness/conections. I will send you it soon.

I have received the diagram, thank you. I do have some questions regarding the diagram. No worries about the delayed response, I have family and work to juggle along with all my automotive tinkerings.

You have mentioned about RED/WHT wire, 20pin BC, no3. (not RED/WHY, my mistake!) That UNCUT wire goes from 20p.BC pin no 3 directly to Airmix Ctrl motor (7pin Green Connector, pin no 1) with no other connections.

I have reviewed my information and now see that I was incorrect when I suggested that RED/WHT wire is for the ECT. If it was, then the Air Mix Control Motor would be missing the connection needed to block off the Heater Core. Anyways, who am I to argue if you have an uncut connection.

Most probably YEL/GRN wire (BC pin 12) Should be connected to ECT sending unit. It is hoocked up to ECU by YEL/GRN wire too. I have manual tran.

I did note something from your diagram. You failed to draw BC pin 12 YEL/GRN Sensor Common Ground connected to any of the sensors. The DCC has to have a common sensor ground, without any sensor input the DCC will do nothing but idle at the lowest fan speed.

On my car, the ground wire (YEL/GRN) coming from the Air Mix Control, pin 2, is connected to YEL/GRN Sensor Common Ground on my DCC.

The other mysterious BLU/BLK wire (BC pin 10) I think, should be linked with AC Pressure Switch. I have whole lenght of this wire from jdm doner car with brown connector on the end. It goes from DCC unit stright to 12 pin Brown jdm Connector (pin 5 looking from inside of the car) attached to the top of fuse box (in RHD car). On my car in the same conector and the same pin 5 I have BLU/YEL wire witch goes to AC pressure switch.

I agree. Even without all you stated above, when you look at the wiring diagram you drew, this is really the only wire that could lead to the A/C Compressor Pressure Switch, and you absolutely need for the DCC to be able to switch on the A/C Compressor. Your description of the wire and its analogous connection on your car is only icing on the cake, brilliant.

Now about Blower Motor High Relay.

There is no wires left on both DCC unit connectors to control BMHR unless I am wrong with AC pressure switch (BLU/BLK) and ECT sending unit (YEL/GRN).

There is no wires left on both DCC unit connectors to control BMHR -I noticed that too.

unless I am wrong with AC pressure switch (BLU/BLK) -No, I am quite sure you're right. See my comments above.

unless I am wrong with ... [the] ECT sending unit (YEL/GRN) -See above, the DCC has to have a Common Sensor Ground, this YEL/GRN wire (BC pin 12) is the Common Sensor Ground.

Also in my retrieved jdm Blower Motor and Power Transistor wire harness ("T" shape) I have UNCUT thick BLU/RED wire with the only factory junction with BLU/RED normal size wire going to jdm GC pin8. There is no signs of existance of the relay at all!

Is it possible that Honda designed this particular DCC sustem without one? It looks like! By the way there actually is resistor inbuild into Power Transistir joining BLU/RED and ORN/BLK wire (not included in my diagram).

I did not know your JDM Transistor has a build in resistor. Well that solves the mystery of the missing relay. I cannot remember where, but I have read that in the US, when someone replaces the USDM Blower Resistor with a USDM Transistor (which does come with resistor built in) that fits our Accord Blower Housing, and then wires that Transistor to a DCC without the relay, the result is the USDM Transistor overheats and burns. I noted today, when starting my car (ambient temperature 32°C, inside the car it felt like 43°C), the DCC started the fan and then increased the speed to the maximum fan speed. The DCC held the fan speed at maximum for about two seconds, then the relay clicked on as the fan continued at top speed. I recalled the story of improperly installed USDM Transistors burning up when a relay is not connected the DCC. I came to a sort of epiphany, I realized the USDM Transistor needs a relay to protect it from overheating. My system uses the USDM Transistor and does not have a resistor built in to protect it from overheating.

I figure once my DCC has run the fan at top speed for a finite length of time, it switches the relay to "remove" the USDM Transistor from the circuit. For my setup, this is cruicial given the amount heat generated by 13.1 volts at 30 ampers over 2 seconds.

With a JDM Resistor protecting your JDM Transistor at all times, your fan should be able to acheive top speed and not generate the destructive amounts of heat generated by a USDM Transistor that has been improperly connected.

This is my USDM Transistor, it is an example of what a Transistor looks like without a resistor built in.

Edit: I just confirmed with a fellow in New Zealand (RHD); he has a JDM SiR wagon with a stock H22A and the digital climate control. He confirmes the blower does not have a High Relay.

Thermistor008.jpg

The PNK wire I have asked you before does not exist in my setup. It was on another car and there is no need to warry about it.

I see it in the picture you sent me. The more sensors the merrier. I would have pinned my connection for a Heater Core Sensor but do not have a Heater Core Sensor to install. If I find one, I will insert the wire into the connection so that my DCC will have more data to work with. I do not see any harm in leaving it out.

My system apparently uses either ECT Sensor or ECT Sending Unit (YEL/GRN wire). I am just about to fit Ambient Temp Sensor and engine bay harness. Hope it will not be raining...

We have terrible weather this summer.

I have no idea how the ECT Sensor is connected to your DCC. I am really sorry, you seem to be completely out of wires.

Edit: Perhaps your DCC uses the Heater Core Sensor in lieu of an ECT since either would give resistance based on the temperature of the engine coolant. This would explaint the lack of an additional ECT wire and the presence of a pink wire (see the photo you sent me).

As promised, some questions about the wiring diagram you emailed me:

What is that purple box at the top right corner? Why is it receiving voltage from Fuse #8?

Why does your diagram fail to show the blower motor with one BLU/RED wire going in and one YEL/BLK wire coming out? Does your blower motor really have two BLU/RED wires going into it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

Archived