Radio Antenna Replacement

fubar

How do you remove the radio antenna?

I have the chrome trimming (on the rear quarterpanel) that should surround the antenna, but there is no antenna.

(I suppose I will need to get a Chilton's. This is my 1st Del Sol, and I have a lot of learning to do.)

• 4 weeks later...
How do you remove the radio antenna?

I have the chrome trimming (on the rear quarterpanel) that should surround the antenna, but there is no antenna.

(I suppose I will need to get a Chilton's. This is my 1st Del Sol, and I have a lot of learning to do.)

you will need the tool to remove the current antenna and install the new one(usually comes with a new one) it looks like a little bent fork with two prongs. but you pull out the carpet on that side inside of the trunk, then remove that side's side molded carpet. then from the outside you unscrew the antenna's boss from it's mount, and then simply reach in where you removed the carpet, unplug the antenna wire coming from the radio at the antenna, and unbolt (i think, i did mine like 4 years ago) like two bolts that attach the antenna inside, then do the reverse to reinstall the new one. hope this helps

Archived