Engine Woes

Ok so everything has been going great with my car runs fine, gets awesome gas mileage; then today was heading out and she felt kind of sluggish so I got into it a bit then she just shuts off. I slowed down then tried to pop the clutch nothing, so I pulled off the road checked all the fuses all were good or looked good.

I then proceeded to pull up the carpet on the passenger side to check my ecu and see if I had picked up a code. Well when I turned the key on my ecu did not cut on nor did my fuel pump. Next I went to the dizzy popped the cap off to make sure the rotor was tight (I have had the locking screw come loose stopping the rotor from spinning). I also took the upper t-belt cover off to look at the timing belt, which looks good though it seems a little loose.

Finally get the car home, towed it, decide to check for spark and no spark, bad coil?, so I just happen to have a spare coil, replace that still no spark.

So... No fuel+No spark= No start. Now I am asking for thoughts on why? I am thinking that for some reason my ecu is not getting any power, however, my lights, radio, heater/ac, fans dash cluster all work and the the car still cranks. Please some advice guys and gals. Thanks much.

Engine is stock d15b2 in a crx.

So I checked it and it is good. What about the "main fuse" could that be bad and would that involve getting a new fuse block(the one in the engine bay)?

Went to the manual (Haynes), I am getting code 0 faulty ecu or no response from the ecu, obviously. So it says to check the #1 fuse and then grn/orng wire from the ecu (plug b) to instrument cluster for continuity and the yellow wire from the instrument cluster to the fuse block 1-14 for continuity.

I have continuity so does that mean my harness could be burnt up or should I just buy a new/working ecu and try that?

Anybody have any other ideas?

I thought so...If only I had one just laying around, oh well guess I'll buy one. It's a PM5 if someone has a spare one that they know works.

Problem Fixed... and I feel like the biggest loser, it was a blown fuse, #14 fuse= alternator solenoid. Apparently when that goes out it kills power for the ecu, so no led came on leading me to believe bad ecu.

Moral of the story never use sight for fuses and always pull all fuses.

Archived