How to get out alternator???

hondakid360

Alright, so I bought my crx knowing the alternator was bad, well me and my neighbor decide it was time to change it out so, we get everything unbolted and the wires disconnected and there is like no way to get the flipping thing out. Like I have the alternator just sitting there in the engine compartment. I read something about having the break master cylinder taking out to get the alternator out and then just bleading the breaks. Then there was taking off the cv axle or the steering bar or something like that??? Any other ways? Or any Diagrams that I could be directed to. I'd rather not have to bleed my breaks. It all depends if my dad wants to do it cause my friend and I aren't up for that right now. If my dad doesn't want to, them I'm gonna have my brothers work do it for me and I should get a discount through him.

LOL

I remember this so well.

Okay, first remove the breather tub that goes to the carb. You want to feed the alternator around the back of the engine over to the passenger side and then up over the transmission and then up and out.

Pain in the a$$, the Helms manual tells you to remove the CV axle.

LOL

I remember this so well.

Okay, first remove the breather tub that goes to the carb. You want to feed the alternator around the back of the engine over to the passenger side and then up over the transmission and then up and out.

Pain in the a$, the Helms manual tells you to remove the CV axle.

Thank you so very much!!! I read like a whole bunch of other posts on other forums telling me to do it the other ways and your was the best!!! Thank you. Just had a tube in the way, but got it around that and got it out.

With just a little bit of time, you should be able to remove that alternator without removing anything else. The manual states that for the 88-91 Civics, the left axle has to come out. This is false. I've replaced 3 alternators on that generation of Civic, and not once did I have to remove the axle.

With just a little bit of time, you should be able to remove that alternator without removing anything else. The manual states that for the 88-91 Civics, the left axle has to come out. This is false. I've replaced 3 alternators on that generation of Civic, and not once did I have to remove the axle.

Well, I got it out and I have a 1987 crx.

Well, I got it out and I have a 1987 crx.

My point was, is that the alternator WILL come out without removing anything extra. I didn't realize that you already had it out when I posted.

Archived