How to tell what it is. need help fast

hondakid360

Okay, so I need to replace the alternator on my 1987 honda crx 1.5 liter with carburetor. It says Si on the back, but doesn't that mean it would be fuel injected? Is there just a plain crx or does it have to be a si,ex,lx,hf,dx,ect (if there are any I missed)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

In 1987, the HF and DX came with the CVCC carburetor. The DX came with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic. The HF came with a 5-speed manual (among other things), but more notably, they came with a green shift light that comes on to let you know it is time to shift to save gas. If you don't have a sunroof, you definately don't have an Si. If you don't have the shift light, you have a DX.

I used to own a 1987 Honda CRX DX, 1.5L bbl CVCC 12v 4-speed automatic. The hub caps you have are DX hubcaps. The HF came with special alloy wheels.

In 1987, the HF and DX came with the CVCC carburetor. The DX came with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic. The HF came with a 5-speed manual (among other things), but more notably, they came with a green shift light that comes on to let you know it is time to shift to save gas. If you don't have a sunroof, you definately don't have an Si. If you don't have the shift light, you have a DX.

I used to own a 1987 Honda CRX DX, 1.5L bbl CVCC 12v 4-speed automatic. The hub caps you have are DX hubcaps. The HF came with special alloy wheels.

Love the members here. Thank you. Now I know I have a DX. 1 of the owners must of put the Si thing on it. I know it wasn't the guy i bought it from cause specifically said it was not a Si even though it says so on the back.

Archived