just swapped my motor from my car

James Nguyen

wel lets start out with the old motor that came out of my car was an h22a4 and the one i just put in my car was an jdm motor h22a. One of my mechanic told me that all I needed to do was take the old distributor and put it on the jdm motor and it would run fine. Now there is no spark from the engine to ignite the gas I dont know wat the problem is can someone tell me wats wrong???? We check the plugs to see if there is any power going to the distributor so now wat do i do can someone help me plzzzz....

• 3 months later...
wel lets start out with the old motor that came out of my car was an h22a4 and the one i just put in my car was an jdm motor h22a. One of my mechanic told me that all I needed to do was take the old distributor and put it on the jdm motor and it would run fine. Now there is no spark from the engine to ignite the gas I dont know wat the problem is can someone tell me wats wrong???? We check the plugs to see if there is any power going to the distributor so now wat do i do can someone help me plzzzz....

I am pretty sure the jdm h22a motor uses an obd1 distributor, your h22a4 is obd2

i think the JDM H22's use an external coil , probably what your mechanics line of thinking is. id say the JDM and USDM dizzys are different besides the coil dude. cant see what else it would be since all your parts worked with old engine.

Archived