what motor?

95exd16z6

my mom has a 03 accord v6, ehats the motor code on that? nd it looks like it is all fly by wire like the gas pedl is electronically controling the throttle body. is this true and if so would it be possible to just put on a mechanical throttle body or does the electric gas pedal control the ammount of feul goin to the engine? just hypothetically.

could one possibly hook up a mechanical throttle body or does the electronic throttle body control the ammount of feul the engine gets?

The electronic throttle body does control the ammount of air the engine gets.

One could possibly hook up a mechanical throttle body, but you would have to devise a way of translating the electronic signal into mechanical movements. Do-able, but there is likely a more practical/clever solution to what you would accomplish by switching to a mechanical throttle body.

If you're having to ask if it can be converted rather than figuring it out yourself you're SCREWED when it comes time to try and stuff that v6 into your hatch.

• 3 weeks later...

i dnt even have a hatch, just wishful thinking. i havent even begun to look at it as a possibility caus i have a sneaking suspicion my mom wouldnt let me take the engine outta her car nd i dnt c her getting in a crash nd not hurting the motor. if all that happens then i will research it hardcore nd c if it is at all possible. i was just curious bout her throttle body mostly.

Archived