Grinding noise during braking

miata007

Hi,

This is my first post here. I am currently driving a Honda Accord V6 2000.  It has got 37,000mi on it so far.  Other than a grinding braking problem right now, the car has been great.  Whenever the brake is applied hard, I hear a grinding noise which is very irritating.  It sounds exactly like when the brake pad is totally worn out, where you have metal touching metal contact intead of metal to brake pad contact.  I am also sure it is not the ABS that is working because ABS produces a pulsating noise.  

As a result of the situation, I'd removed all brake pads and inpect them individually. The pads were all very think so the squealing metal(reminds the brake is worn) were not touching the disc.  The discs were also inspected and turned out clean, think, and smooth, both inside and outside.  On top of this problem, the brake feels spongy when I applied the brake pedal.  Thought it was air in the system but after bleeding the car, the problem remains.  

Have anybody had any trouble with their brakes in their Honda V6????

I used to drive a '93 Ford Bronco and i had the same problem....it was worse though. My brakes were grinding metal to metal and the thing pulled hard to the left everytime i hit the brake. Anyways, it turned out to be the master cylinder...they had to replace that and all 4 brakes and pads. It wasn't cheap either...it wound up costing about $1500 to fix.........get it checked before it's too late!!

well your catr being a 2000 with 37k miles you are out of warranty either way the warranty does not cover brake pads. What I would do is take it to one of those brake place like Midas and get an estimate. But i would advise you to have them fix at any of those small places because if you take it to your dealer you are gonna walk with a big bill

Archived