smoking water???

dkzayne

i have a 1992 honda accord with a f22a6 engine and when i bring my car up to a high rpm it smokes but not like its burning oil but its water with the black stuff from the exhaust mixed with it where could the water be coming from if its not coming froem the radiator could it possibly be the stock exhaust not being able to handle the amount of air or something i just dont see how its as if my car is condensing if im runnig it so high

zayne :ninja:

To my understanding,the water that comes out from the tailpipe is from the fuel.The engine is burning all the fuel that when it comes out its the condensation from the oxygen and water mixed with fuel.Thats why if you noticed that the stock muffler always rusts.Correct me if i'm wrong but thats what I was told.

You know, it almost sounds like water is collecting somewhere in the exhaust system (water normally produced in the combustion cycle) and then being blown out as the air speed in the exhaust system reaches a critical velocity.

My 2 steamy exhausts were a water leak into the intake or exhaust manifold at full power.

I always had my "watery, steamy" exhaust disappear once the car warmed up completely. warm or cold days

At 70 I have seen some cars warm up slowly and do the water collection bit at a slow idle.

Once a cars parts warm up, nothing is cold enough to cause condensation in the tailpipe/ muffler.

Does it "steam" after warm up?

Rich

I just reread your black smoke bit. That is probably a leaking head gasket. You should be using a lot of water and or oil to keep the levels of each up to where they belong.

no i only ad oil when i change it and i never have to add water thats why i was so ready to belive that it had to do with my exhaust because i did have a hole behind the actual muffler and i ghetto repaired it so that may cause it to

Black and white (steam ) smoke after a full warm up with no oil or water leaks is a new one on me.

Hold on. How about a really EXCESSIVE fuel mixture at full throttle. I do not know if you are F I or a carburator. Does a computer control the mixture ? if yes.. ???

I can rattle off several things to check.

I think I may have found your problem. Your a6 manifold is a high performance unit.

It does more HP than standard manifolds by OPENING the larger BYPASS VALVES in it.

SOOO. How about the bypass valves are NOT OPENING ?? Not enough air with the same fuel delivery.

Rich black mixture at high rpm's. Worth checking out. Fits you pretty good.

Rich

Archived