skunk 2 camshafts stage 2

jkm345

I just put in my camshaft yesturday and thens my car would'nt start, i was told the clearance was .007 for intake and .008 for exhaust, but i have doubts and thens after putting it into my car, my car just wouldnt start. Any ideas or suggestions well help, thx!!

Does it crank over?

Do you have a kill switch you forgot?

see if its gettin spark an fuel?

then after you check that it will eliminate some things~!?

p.s. let me know how that sounds an feels becouse i got a pair of skunk2 stg2 camshafts WAITING to go in!!!!

jus wiating on valves springs retainers an valve guides an ill have a N/A BEASSSSTT

right nows i have it runnning but with diff. specs on the tuning. you can feel the difference and gained in horsepower but it runs poorly. i was told that if vtec crosses around 5700-6000 it well run perfect and if not thens to have some high compression pistons, rights nows i am goin the 6000rpm vtec way and hope it solves the problem, not enough money to invest time and labor on taking the engine apart to put in the pistons!

your vtec is set too high i assure you. should be no higher than 5.5k. are you running a chipped ecu? like what is done to it dude? you cant just fire cams in it , and expect it to work good.

on one of my type r bubbles i had a chioped p28 with a vtec cross over at 6,100 that screameddd an help me bring me to 9,500,,,, the earlier yew open vtec the less power you feal when it hits and the less rpm,s range you can bring it out the later you hit it the harder it hits an yew can bring it out further with out loosing power but then the best honda move i did was AEM E.M.S <3 A TRUE AND PROFESINAL COMPUTER~!~

the less you hear and feel vtec crossover , the better your doing. of course im used to K series engines now , lol. but you dont want to set yourvtec so high you come out of vtec in between shifts.

your vtec is set too high i assure you. should be no higher than 5.5k. are you running a chipped ecu? like what is done to it dude? you cant just fire cams in it , and expect it to work good.

yeahs i got a chipped ecu set at 9200 for redline and it is 5500 is wen vtec kicks in

sounds nice so then my h22 should sound mean and have some good power to it, so did you get all ur problems fixed yet

not yet, right nows i am about to dump $300 at a shop called Underground Racing for them to do it for, i was thinking they can redo my ecu and see wat works for my car.

^ well thats cool are they going to give you dyno time and tune ur car?? or are they going to go by the specs instead?? but thats a good price

I think they're gonna go by specs cuz they dont have a dyno, and is that a good deal? i never had it done before so i wouldn't know..anyhows im thinking about lowering my car with some skunk 2 coilovers, anyone noe if skunk2 is good or no?

not yet, right nows i am about to dump $300 at a shop called Underground Racing for them to do it for, i was thinking they can redo my ecu and see wat works for my car.

where are you from?

well i think that coil overs are all the same unless your getting serious road racing time lol but if im wrong im sorry lol, and it's not robbery but some dyno time would have been nice

oh okais..i just thought some coilovers work better then others, like smoother rides versus bumpy ones

well maybe but my boy had some gc's and his crap was still bumpy but his car was dumped hella low so maybe it all depends on ride heigth

ohs, i just plan on dropping it but not low low low..like right on top of the tire to have that aggressive drop stance, but not one that is drop like 1 or 2 inch off the ground

Archived