2009 Acura TSX

So Honda let this slip before the debut of the 2nd generation of the Acura TSX at the NYIAS in March:

16679_preview.jpg

Obviously Acura is going after a family look. Its been stated, by weiner Colliver, the grill on the recently revealed RL will find it's way to the TSX and TL. This obviously stirred Honda followers as the RL was not so kindly welcomed when it debuted. It seems the design philosophy has taken a better reception with the release of this picture of the next TSX. Most likely pointing out the flaws with the RL refresh - placing new design aesthetics on a sedan that was made from the ground up around totally different design aesthetics.

:D @ the censor-ing of the Acura President's name...LOL

Hahaha. I thought that was some social commentary on your part....

I think it looks sharp. I would never have bought the old TSX but I like this one.

Still, the TL-S is the only one for me....

Also going on sale within a month or so is the Honda Accord (Euro/JDM models). Those pictures have also been released, so here's some idea of what the TSX will look like...

tsx3.jpg

tsx2.jpg

tsx4.jpg

interior.jpg

They really didn't stray far from the previous generation. So far, other than the new i-DTEC engine, seems the Accord will have updated 2.0L and 2.4L I4 i-VTEC K-series engines. I'm gonna take a wild stab that we'll be seeing the i-DTEC motor (as hinted at by Acura a couple weeks ago) and the K24 (since that's the motor on the current TSX). Supposedly there's going to be a 3rd engine option, but no one has a clue what it would be other than suspecting it will be a bit stronger, especially if the rumored SH-AWD across the Acura line is to be true.

Hahaha. I thought that was some social commentary on your part....

I think it looks sharp. I would never have bought the old TSX but I like this one.

Still, the TL-S is the only one for me....

Hahaha...yah, HF censorship FTW. I'm sure there are a couple Honda fanboys who wouldn't disagree tho...

...depending on how this car is packaged out for NA, I might consider swaying my dad to pick this up instead of the Accord.

Archived