97 Civic Ex keyless entry problems

97civic97

Ok so for awhile my keless entry in my 97 civic ex has not worked....i was told it was because i had an aftermarket cd player in it. I went out and bought the oem stereo and cd player and they are installed. i hooked up the white set of cords and a green set of cords but i have one green set left over and nowhere to plug it in at. is this my problem or what do i need to do?

thanks in advance for any advice!

The keyless entry module is mounted on top of the OEM Radio in 96-98 Civics. That is what your extra harness plugs into. Without the keyless entry module it will not work. What did you do with your old radio? Sell it? Throw it in the trash? Anyways you will have to probably buy one at the dealer now. I will try to get you a part# and price.

In this pic #1 is the keyless receiver and #3 is the radio

CivicRadiopic96-98.jpg

probably be just as expensive and easy to just go to car toys or somewhere and get n aftermarket alarm w/ keyless entry then go to the dealer for the moduler

thanks to everyone tha thas responded it has been very helpful

Archived