dsm injectors making them work in civic

Miamishatchback02

ok i have a d16y8 engine in my 92 civic hatch runing with my stock p28 ecu and i had before a gst eclipse and also an evo 9 and i happen to keep both of their stock injectors so i tried making those injectors from the evo and gst fit in where my honda injectors go and they dont fit how does people make them fit in the hole where they plus cuz they dont fit and how can i make them work right so my mix its right? do i have to put a S-AFC to make them work right?

ok i have a d16y8 engine in my 92 civic hatch runing with my stock p28 ecu and i had before a gst eclipse and also an evo 9 and i happen to keep both of their stock injectors so i tried making those injectors from the evo and gst fit in where my honda injectors go and they dont fit how does people make them fit in the hole where they plus cuz they dont fit and how can i make them work right so my mix its right? do i have to put a S-AFC to make them work right?

you can use an aftermarket rail or have your reamed. as far as just using the safc only to control the 450cc dsm injectors i would be against it. Get a management, chrome is cheap so is uberdata. If you only boosting like 5 psi just put the stock ones in or some from a b-series and add an fmu. That is the cheap alternative that will give you good drivablity and fuel economy. Let me know what you decide to do

i concur , stock injectors will handle a measly 5psi no problem. if you want more , get DSM 450cc injectors and a resister box out of an OBD0 civic or teg.

well the thing is i got installed right now the h22a1 injectors and i also have 450cc eclipse gst stock injectors and also i have 550cc stock from my evo 9 and iam planing on boosting without tuning 8psi and after a good tune ima push 10psi

your best to stick with the stock injectors till you get management.

well iam using the 450cc injectors at 8psi with a s-afc whish i use to use on my dsm with those same injectors

that's a piggyback unit. Get chrome or hondata. Those are only good for 10% changes. when you alter the fuel curve with that the ecu alters the timing curve. If you get too much advance on a boosted car, BOOM! where's the broom. The car you pulled it out of has an ecu tuned to run those for the size of the motor and the safc just did the minute changes. where your using an ecu (stock honda) to run 450cc injectors (2.0 mitsu) and hoping to adjust them down to run good off of boost. your timing will be so off that you can blow a ring land. If you don't want to take the advice I wish you luck.

that's a piggyback unit. Get chrome or hondata. Those are only good for 10% changes. when you alter the fuel curve with that the ecu alters the timing curve. If you get too much advance on a boosted car, BOOM! where's the broom. The car you pulled it out of has an ecu tuned to run those for the size of the motor and the safc just did the minute changes. where your using an ecu (stock honda) to run 450cc injectors (2.0 mitsu) and hoping to adjust them down to run good off of boost. your timing will be so off that you can blow a ring land. If you don't want to take the advice I wish you luck.

well how mutch is the hondata and is there a specific model i have to use or there is just one type of hoindata ecu? and besides that what do i do once i get the hondata do i have to program it myself or what? a

well how mutch is the hondata and is there a specific model i have to use or there is just one type of hoindata ecu? and besides that what do i do once i get the hondata do i have to program it myself or what? a

hondata s100 model is 195 for the unit, but you would have to have someone socket your ecu and you would also have to have it tuned. Roughly everything goes for about 650. go to hondata.com and check for dealers in your area. they can provide you with tuning and ecu work.

hondata s100 model is 195 for the unit, but you would have to have someone socket your ecu and you would also have to have it tuned. Roughly everything goes for about 650. go to hondata.com and check for dealers in your area. they can provide you with tuning and ecu work.

thanks

Archived