D15 Turbo Set up

jrkurth

Hello, I have been researching different set ups for a d15yz motor and wanted to know people have actually done themselves that works. I really do not care if someone thinks I should save my money and buy a b16 or any other motor. I want to turbo my d15 and that is all. I have considered putting the d16 head on my block, as I have heard the d15 block is strong, but the head is not, and vice versa with the d16, thus making the d15 head with a d16 block a stronger motor. I have researched ebay to get ideas on prices, and I know that although the kits may say 100% complete, they are missing quite a bit. I want to know what people have done to their d15s and how much everything costs, as well as results. I appreciate any positive feedback, and if you want to tell me to buy any other engine or think I am waisting my time, well, first off you are in the wrong forum and please dont waste my time any more by telling me your opinion. This topic is not for your opinion.

what year is the vehicle again? There are kits out there that are smog legal and perform well and some that are not. Just depends. let me know what kind of car

It is a 94 S. I guess I really do not have an ultimate goal right now other than to build some performance. I would like to be able to lay down against cars with bigger motors and I guess have some bragging rights by saying they just got their ass kicked by a 1.5 liter. Smog really is not a concern of mine. I live in michigan, and there is not really any strict laws about it.

Right now, I have my suspension mostly complete, atleast for the time being. I have coil overs and kyb agx shocks, on toyo proxies. I also have a racing cat and a cat back exhaust. This is my summer car, but it will be pretty much a daily driver summer car, yet I want to be able go when I want to. I do not intend to be all gas all the time, but would definitely like to have the extra power.

get a bolt on kit like greddy or full race. stay with an internal wastegate and simple setup if you want reliability. and dont worry , it will still work good. the greddy bolt on it is the best bang for the buck imo , just cause it comes with fuel man. and everything needed.

I'm actually about to go shine my tires and clean my rims. Just washed the car. LOL.

Gotta' give myself something to do while the old lady enjoy's the presence of her goddamn parents and sister IN MY HOUSE for the holiday's. >(

It is a 94 S. I guess I really do not have an ultimate goal right now other than to build some performance. I would like to be able to lay down against cars with bigger motors and I guess have some bragging rights by saying they just got their ass kicked by a 1.5 liter. Smog really is not a concern of mine. I live in michigan, and there is not really any strict laws about it.

Right now, I have my suspension mostly complete, atleast for the time being. I have coil overs and kyb agx shocks, on toyo proxies. I also have a racing cat and a cat back exhaust. This is my summer car, but it will be pretty much a daily driver summer car, yet I want to be able go when I want to. I do not intend to be all gas all the time, but would definitely like to have the extra power.

yeah the greddy kit is a good kit for the money and parts and the legality. I had two kits sold them both for more then I got them for. What would be awesome and embarrassing for the competition would be to smoke them with a 1.5 allmotor non-vtec. That would be cool. My cuz used to smoke dohc with his 94 dx coupe. I sent it up with some nice parts but the block was stock. Before he sold the car we got it to run 14.5 at 94mph all motor. Good times good times. People would always think he was squeezing nos but he would unhook the whole intake tube and beat them again. hahaha

Archived