Engine Toss-up

i was planning on building a boosted GSR, however i have been looking into an LSVtev setup. Either way i want to run a eagle rods, wiseco pistons, Blox turbo cams, skunk2 springs/retainers, and a gt35r for the feeding.

so my question is to go with a b18c or build and LSVtec? i want some outside inputs.

i was planning on building a boosted GSR, however i have been looking into an LSVtev setup. Either way i want to run a eagle rods, wiseco pistons, Blox turbo cams, skunk2 springs/retainers, and a gt35r for the feeding.

so my question is to go with a b18c or build and LSVtec? i want some outside inputs.

I would go with the b18c build. The ls.vtec came about back in the mid to late 90's cause b18c engines were expensive. There were tons on ls engines and they came stock in the integras. LS/vtec is like the poorman's GSR/type r. IMO.

it gives you a bigger stroke , but the bottom end is overall just not as strong cause its not girdled. but if your gonna run all forged internals , LSVTEC is the way to go for the most bang for the buck. you cant really all it a poormans anything , cause its different than any other B series engine. cost about the same to do either one so. LSVTEC little cheaper prolly.

a few other forums i've been rading latly claim that the LSVtec's take to boost better than the b18c's.

the b18c has a better rod ratio but you gain 35cc's more with the ls. Better the rod ratio the les wear on the walls and piston skirts and rings. shorter stroke engines last longer in higher rpm's just like f1 racing. There rod ratio 2:1 or more but they rev up to 12-18,000 rpm to get the flow they need for such a small displacement. IMO i would go with the b18c if you already have it there. If you wanted to strengthen the bottom end girdle you can purchase a girdle from z10 racing and have the block aligned hone with the girdle on the ls. Stock for stock the B18c is stronger and built for high rpm. the parts are beefier especially the rods and the oiling system. Also the b18c has oil squirters to shoot oil under the piston to cool it off. Thats good for a d/d car or for a endurance motor. For drag i block the oil squrters, less weight the pistons have to carry and less of a chance for the oil to get past the rings in to the chamber. Hope that helps

Archived