2008 Accord Pioneer AVIC-D3 installation in lower pockets

Heliroller

This car is fairly new and there is not much information about aftermarket double DIN unit installations. I would like to install the AVIC-D3 nav unit in the are where the double pockets are located in front of the shifter. After reviewing the schematic of how to remove the pocket assembly, It looks plenty deep enough to put a double DIN unit in there. The problem is I can't seem to find where anyone has done this. I've seen some mounting kits that look like they would work but I'm looking for someone that may have done this or entertained this thought.

I do not want to mess with the audio system that is stock for obvious reasons.

Thanks, Marshall

• 2 weeks later...
This car is fairly new and there is not much information about aftermarket double DIN unit installations. I would like to install the AVIC-D3 nav unit in the are where the double pockets are located in front of the shifter. After reviewing the schematic of how to remove the pocket assembly, It looks plenty deep enough to put a double DIN unit in there. The problem is I can't seem to find where anyone has done this. I've seen some mounting kits that look like they would work but I'm looking for someone that may have done this or entertained this thought.

I do not want to mess with the audio system that is stock for obvious reasons.

Thanks, Marshall

Have you been able to complete your install? I also have a 2008 Accord and am running into a problem with the active noise cancellation - no one knows what it is or how to disable it.

Have you been able to complete your install? I also have a 2008 Accord and am running into a problem with the active noise cancellation - no one knows what it is or how to disable it.

Nope, haven't started yet. Still trying to figure out if I can install the double din unit below in the double pocket area. I think it will fit but I'll probably have to make a bracket and supports to make it work. It eh active noise cancellation I believe is what is generated when the VCM is active. It offsets the harmonics that are generated when the engine is in 3 or 4 cyclinder mode. Is that causing you a problem with an aftermarket install?

• 4 weeks later...
Nope, haven't started yet. Still trying to figure out if I can install the double din unit below in the double pocket area. I think it will fit but I'll probably have to make a bracket and supports to make it work. It eh active noise cancellation I believe is what is generated when the VCM is active. It offsets the harmonics that are generated when the engine is in 3 or 4 cyclinder mode. Is that causing you a problem with an aftermarket install?

working on it as we speak... using the OEM nav screen plastic trim

Archived