amps

ducttape2334

i want to get a nice amp to power my speakers in the del sol. so i would need a four channel. my speakers can handle 50 watts RMS and a peak of 130 (i think). my question is would i need to get an amp that outputs 50 RMS per channel at 4 or 2 ohm. i still have not figured out ohm stuff. any help thanks

if anyone has any recommendations i would appreciated it...trying not to spend more then $250 on this

Thanks

i want to get a nice amp to power my speakers in the del sol. so i would need a four channel. my speakers can handle 50 watts RMS and a peak of 130 (i think). my question is would i need to get an amp that outputs 50 RMS per channel at 4 or 2 ohm. i still have not figured out ohm stuff. any help thanks

if anyone has any recommendations i would appreciated it...trying not to spend more then $250 on this

Thanks

You should be fine with an amp that puts out between 35 - 50 watts RMS per channel @ 4 ohms. 4 ohms is what most full-range car speakers are rated at, when you get into subs you can get them in either 2, 4, or 8 ohm configurations. Most car amps run out of the box at 4 ohms, some are capable of of running down to 2, 1, 1/4, or 1/8 ohm loads, which will pull more power out of amp and make them run hotter. I've been out of the install game for a while so I couldn't suggest what to buy nowadays, but as far as amps go I ran Phoenix Gold, MTX, and Alpine 4-channel amps without problems.

Archived