Brake light issue

Dalew40

I replaced a burned out brake light. The light works when you press the petal but now there is a beep like when you leave the lights on when you turn off the ignition. Also, all the lights on the entire car come on with the exception of the headlights. That includes the dash lights and parking lights (Front and rear). If they are on with the headlights, they dim when I press the brake petal. Any ideas?

the beep is normal when you leave the lights on and remove the key it keeps you from leaving them on. you have a power issue. is the battery gauge on your intrument cluster staying where it normally is? does the car die down when the brake lights come on?

the beep is normal when you leave the lights on and remove the key it keeps you from leaving them on. you have a power issue. is the battery gauge on your intrument cluster staying where it normally is? does the car die down when the brake lights come on?

I agree with Hatch, check the basics. Just out of curiousity- do you have anything else drawing off your battery and/or alternator? (gauges/amp/etc.) And, do the lights dim when the car is running, or when the car is off (but all the lights on)?

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with Hatch, check the basics. Just out of curiousity- do you have anything else drawing off your battery and/or alternator? (gauges/amp/etc.) And, do the lights dim when the car is running, or when the car is off (but all the lights on)?

u got slaps? mabye exposed wiring??

Archived