SRS airbag light in 1996 Civic DX?

I just purchased a 1996 Honda Civix DX, and the airbag light is on. The guy I bought it from said it's been on for the last year (I don't know wtf is wrong with him). Could it possibly be on to indicate it's time for the 10 year inspection? (1 year ago = 2006, 1996-2006) Or does it definetly mean there's a problem with the airbag system?

it means there is something wrong with the system. is the car modified from stock in anyway? like different steering wheel, front bumper changed? do you know if it was ever in an accident?

it means there is something wrong with the system. is the car modified from stock in anyway? like different steering wheel, front bumper changed? do you know if it was ever in an accident?

Never in an accident, stock steering wheel, stock front bumper. With a little google research I found the light will come on if the voltage gets too low... From the look of the battery I can see how that is definetly possible. The starter is also slow.. I found a manual reset for the light, so I think I'll try resetting it and seeing if it comes back on. Also buying a new battery.

the reason i asked about the stock steering wheel and bumpers are because some people do body kits and mess up the sensors. as for the steering wheel some peopl don't disconnect the plugs from the steering wheel they just cut them. sounds like it's possible the battery is bad.

Archived