Help upgrading the sound of my HCH

koko

I need hellp upgrading my audio in my 06 HCH. I neeed to upgrade the front door speakers to a better component speakers and install a compact powered sub in the trunk. The problem is I could not remove the door pannel I was able to find two screws one in the door handle area and one underneath the buttons on the arm rest, but still could not remove the door pannel as it looks like it's still hocked to the door. The other thing I'm planning to hock the sub using the back speakers audio cables. The problem is where I can get power, my best thing is to get it from the head unit (factory installed with nav.) so it's powered only when the unit is on. But I could not get the head unit off as well. To make things easier for myself. I wonder if there is a power source I can use in the tunk with easy access.

1- How to remove the door pannels?

2- Where I can find easy to access power source in the trunk?

the only thing that is gonna power the sub you want to put in is going to be an amp. as for subs i personally like Alpine Type-R's. A 10" Type-R works real well. They are a little pricy but i like them. As for door speakers you have to figure out what size they are.

the only thing that is gonna power the sub you want to put in is going to be an amp. as for subs i personally like Alpine Type-R's. A 10" Type-R works real well. They are a little pricy but i like them. As for door speakers you have to figure out what size they are.

Sorry, I was not clear, the sub has a built-in amp (Kenwood KSC-SW1). When I said power I ment 12V power line (electricity). The door speakers are 6.5 in, I need to know how to remove the door panel to replace them myself. Thanks

Archived