new crx!!

ngwilson07

alright i just bought a 91 crx si 5spd and it has the d16 in it and this is my project car and i was wondering if you guys could help me with what to do with it..i dont know whether to keep the d16 in it or do an engine swap and also what mods to do to the engine....if you guys could help me out or even give me tips to get some horsepower it would be greatly appreciated...thanks alot!!

welcome to HF. I'd say your best bet swap wise would be to find a B18 (DOHC 1.8L) out of a 90-93 integra, or you could buy a B18c1 (94+ Integra GSR) motor and swap that. Personally i'd go with the B18c from a GSR integra. the hardest part you would have would be to convert it to from OBD-1 to ODB-0.

welcome to HF. I'd say your best bet swap wise would be to find a B18 (DOHC 1.8L) out of a 90-93 integra, or you could buy a B18c1 (94+ Integra GSR) motor and swap that. Personally i'd go with the B18c from a GSR integra. the hardest part you would have would be to convert it to from OBD-1 to ODB-0.

thanks for the welcome. and converting is no problem i can do that, but say i get the b18c what could i possibly do to get serious power out of it?

thanks for the welcome. and converting is no problem i can do that, but say i get the b18c what could i possibly do to get serious power out of it?

power is in the head. Get a head package. You can get over 200whp on that alone with tuning and a stock block. I have ecu's that are obd1 but have an obd0 plug on it so no jumper harness. also uses the one wire o2 and 1 wire vtec. happy revving

power is in the head. Get a head package. You can get over 200whp on that alone with tuning and a stock block. I have ecu's that are obd1 but have an obd0 plug on it so no jumper harness. also uses the one wire o2 and 1 wire vtec. happy revving

im in college right now at wtotech i just went through high performance and i can tune and all that and i can also port and polish and blueprint...but im just trying to figure out how to make power out of a honda...i got plently of $. so with the head get titanium or inkanel valves(spelling?) and also a good set of double or maybe triple valve springs with a good set of titanium retainers. also good set of cams, wich cams would you perfer? also get adjustable cam gears? and some sort of vtec controller?

See if NASA is running an event in your area and talk to those guys before you do anything. You may want to keep it stock and run the hell out of it.

well i dont know what you mean by this, but i know how to build engines and all that i just havnt messed with honda yet and im trying to figure out some tips and suggestions. also i deffinatly do not want to keep it stock.

the b18c's take real well when built all-motor, and take reeeeal well to boost if done right.

well im thinking boost. and i know i should build the bottom end with a good set of pistons and rods. but ive heard you can use the stock crank if in specs?

well i dont know what you mean by this, but i know how to build engines and all that i just havnt messed with honda yet and im trying to figure out some tips and suggestions. also i deffinatly do not want to keep it stock.

This is what I mean. NASA - National Auto Sport Association. Specifically, the Honda Challange.

This is what I mean. NASA - National Auto Sport Association. Specifically, the Honda Challange.

hah my bad man i've never heard of it i thought you was trying to be smart like some other people on here...yeah its not around my area man and im sorry if you were affended...but otherwords do you have any suggestions on what i should do with the car? or any tips?

im in college right now at wtotech i just went through high performance and i can tune and all that and i can also port and polish and blueprint...but im just trying to figure out how to make power out of a honda...i got plently of $. so with the head get titanium or inkanel valves(spelling?) and also a good set of double or maybe triple valve springs with a good set of titanium retainers. also good set of cams, wich cams would you perfer? also get adjustable cam gears? and some sort of vtec controller?

okay, you can make power in the head without too much money or changes. As far as the porting and polishing goes there are alot of tricks that porters would not discuss as it is there lively hood. The research they have done puts food on the table. But with the basic bowl work and port match you can make power. Stay with the stock valves aslong as they are still good. I don't see you changing them out unless you boost or nos. You can get the flat face ones to increase the compression. Get some good double valve springs and retainers, some that can handle 13mm lift. Cams, depends, do you like the idle of the stock car? If it don't matter then get some crane, or comp cam, skunk2, blox, or juns, todas, stage 3's. If you drive it everyday get the stage 2's. Cam gears also so you can blueprint the cam timing and have adjustablity on the power band. No vtec controller get hondata. VAFC and other controllers similiar are only good for 15% adjustments as the down fall could be a blown motor dur to how it tricks the ecu. It's for another story, too long to explain. hope that helps. get the cam first and figure how you want the car to drive and type of power your looking for before porting. It all works as a unit. Combination

alright im most deffinatly going to go with the b18c gsr. but im trying to get info on how to do the swap, i know im going to need motor mounts wiring harnes and ecu and all that. but i was wondering if i need to use the integra axles or what axles i need to use and also about converting obd-0 to obd1, well isnt there an adapter plug that has one side obd1 and the other obd0?

yeah other people has told me to do that but they also say it has thin cylinder walls. i dont know if that is true?

its got siamese cylinders walls unlike the 1.8ltrs where the cylinder liners are separated by aluminum. I would strongly suggest re-building the b20 block if you are going to use a vtec head on it as the valve reliefs on the pistons are too small for the 33mm valve the head contains. Especially with a type r head and cams it's certainly going to have piston to valve contact. You will also need to upgrade the oil pump and water pump to a vtec unit for reliablity. The walls on the b20 should be fine for what you are trying to accomplish. I had put together a b20vtec with a 200 shot of NOS dual stage on stock internals with the pistons cut to fit the bigger vtec valves. it ran for a couple of months till we fried the piston. 330whp. sleeves were okay the piston was not. Don't try that at home. if you could get an b18c engine complete i think that would be best. imo. I only would get the b20 if i already had a b16. Hope that helps.

Archived