Exhaust gaskets question

Prangy

Alright so in about a month I am looking at getting a magnaflow exhaust cat set up. I already have an exhaust leak from the down pipe to the convertor. I was going to replace all the bolts and the springs that are with the bolts to make this easier becasue they are basically all just rust when I looked. I want to make it leak proof also, so I was wondering from this website what gaskets I need to make it leak proof. I am keeping the stock convertor on there. http://www2.partstrain.com/v5/products.php...4294967013+5573

if your cat is original , it might not be no goo once you get it off. the flanges rust pretty bad. the gasket that goes in the 3 bolt flange from cat to downpipe is just a squish ring , third one down on the list in your link. good luck cleaning out the groove for a new one , lol. the gasket that goes in the manny to downpipe 2 bolt flange is the cone shaped lead/mesh gasket. the manny 4 into 2 connection is also 2 of those squish rings. again , good luck cleaning out the grooves.

Haha kk well Idk I do have a test pipe my friend gave me, but i am in the city and that wont fly. I can register my car some where else, but I would feel bad with more fumes going into the air. Is there a horrible amount out of my civic with a test pipe? I probably will go to napa I was just trying to get an idea and wasn't sure if they just sell exhaust gasket sets. Thanks guys.

Luckily I live in NM right now. I have a test-pipe on my Civic and there is no noticable change in exhaust fumes. Having it inspected though, I don't know... I've seen cars pass as long as they don't look under it, it all depends on how rich/lean your engine is running... it's your choice- see what the penalties are in your state for getting caught with a test pipe- they do all say "not for legal street use" or something to that effect. But, like I said, you can look at my exhaust and you won't notice (smell/see) any difference in the fumes.

alright man well, actually I live in the city of Milwaukee right now and in wisconsin u need to have your car tested every two years. It is called the valley or something like that and it goes up a couple of counties and you have to get tested. I will be goign to college out of here towards Iowa soon and i think my car will still be registered here. I was thinking of registering it up north wisconsin, which does not have to have it tested then. Have a cabin up there so just use that address. I think that would work and I will not be in Milwaukee anyways so I think taht will work out. I just wanted some input on other expierences thanks man.

Archived