94 accord to an accord type R v-tec (h22a)

boostin_accord

hey guys,

i finally did decide that i did want to go through the hastle of putting in a new motor. I'm going to go with an Accord Type R H22a.

My questions are 1. which way would give the most power for daily driving off pump gas, turbo or s/c

2. are the h22a's 5 spds or do they magically have a 6 spd available? (i don't think they would but never know)

3. what exaust would work best for each app. without being totally gross and sounding like my car has a can of angry bumble bee's in the muffler.

4. I want to go with a different suspension set up so it is more rigid and can take the corners better, i already have a set of 7 spoke 16" wheels and tires i'm sticking with, i don't want anything crazy low, but i do want it slightly shorted.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

What makes more power depends on when you want the power. Lower RPM or higher. I tell you honestly that H22a'a don't respond well to boost. Yeah you see them with sc's and turbo's but they won' t last long, so you'd honestly be better off just builiding the hell out of the motor!

5 Speed's. No magic gear there Merlin.

Any GOOD exhaust. APC will sound like crap. Greddy Evo sounds beautiful. The can tucks up under the bumper so just the tip sticks out and it make a real low, deep sounds. Not like a buzzsaw!

Eibach sportline springs with some KYB shocks. You should be chillin!

Archived