89 Si fuel pump problem

Frost9009

Hello, my fuel pump is brand new and it wouldnt turn on. When my dad and i were doing some troubleshooting we found that the power wire to the fuel pump doesnt work. Then we replaced the fuse, still nothing. So we checked to see if there was power going to the fuse and nope there wasnt. So we are wondering if its ok to jump a wire from the fuse box that comes from the ignition to the box in a 10 amp fuse to my fuel pump wire? If that doesnt make since i can try to reword it.

Basically how do i get my fuel pump to turn on with my ignition and turn off when i turn the car off when its in the state its in now. I had a friend who had his fuel pump on a switch and he would turn the switch on when he started his car and turn it off when turning off his car. Is this easy to do? (cant ask my friend, he went into the military)

I just had the same problem after changed my engine try the main relay. it's under the drivers side near the fuse panel around the kick panel. what you'll see is a 7 pin relay. what you will do is jump the outer wires in the block of 4 wires not the 3 wires closest to the retaining clip you should hopefully hear the pump running, if so, it's off to autozone for a $55 relay.

Hope this helps

I just had the same problem after changed my engine try the main relay. it's under the drivers side near the fuse panel around the kick panel. what you'll see is a 7 pin relay. what you will do is jump the outer wires in the block of 4 wires not the 3 wires closest to the retaining clip you should hopefully hear the pump running, if so, it's off to autozone for a $55 relay.

Hope this helps

Ok, i will check it out and get back to ya if it doesnt work lol

Ok, i will check it out and get back to ya if it doesnt work lol

Well i have run into this problem when I first started working on hondas back in the mind 90's. If you did a dual point to muiltipoint injection sway you may have forgotton th hook up the yellow/black stripe wire. If it is all stock, I agree check the main relay under the dash. Please throughly troubleshoot the relay first with a meter to verify that it is the relay itself and not the trigger for the relay.

Archived