NEW PLANS

i have been dying to build a hatch l8ly and ive sorta put that aside for right now. i just got some Enkei 16's and it absolutely sets the car off IMO. but i started to look at the car and i realized it has alot of potention. my main obstacle is its an AT. ive been thinkin of doing a MT swap but this engine has developed alot of problems l8ly and i would like to just swap in a new one.

I though about doing a JDM swap but once i get the engine i wont have any components for the trans swap. then i thought about finding a wrecked car (something b18) and swapping the entire engine and trans to my car. i would like to find a newer gsr but am concerned with the obd conversion. im not sure how to do it? but if it comes down to it i might just find a 90-91 teg and do the complete swap so i wouldnt have to change the obd.

so basically my questions are...wat are the process of doing a obd conversion? and if u were in my shoes, lookin for a complete swap, wat would u do?

ohhh and ill post pics of the new wheels as soon as i can :thumbsup: its still stock height but it fills the wheelwells niiiiiice

sounds good mang. pics of the rims would be sweet.

its supposed to snow tomarow but ill try and wash'r up and get some pics on here sometime. i personally love the looks! 16s are perfect for it!...

im thinkin of doin a b16a with LSD...$2k... cheap yet affective. plus its obd0 so no worries...yaaah. i dont think i need to worry.lol plus ill have a better chance of picking up an old honda with a b16 for all the 5spd parts for cheaper than a teg...maybe?

opinons?

hey you could always get the b16 now and swap the 1.6l block for a 2.0l later.

as in a b20 block? hmmm that sounds pretty good.dont know how much ill gain but the gain should be suficiant for only like $600...

but FIRST i need to get this swap settled. i need a 5spd! and maybe a lil v-tak.hehe

yea the b20 block would be a good swap after you get the b16 swapped. I'm thinking of doin a gsr swap and build it then possibly swap it for a b20 block and punch the block out a little bit to get that little more displacement.

yea the b20 block would be a good swap after you get the b16 swapped. I'm thinking of doin a gsr swap and build it then possibly swap it for a b20 block and punch the block out a little bit to get that little more displacement.

that sounds good man...drop that d15 off a cliff.lol

im very sceptical about doing this cause its so much i have to do to get it going...finding 5spd parts and making sure its all right...im kinda nervous. thats why im doing my research now. it cant be to hard since its the same 0bd0 and its basically plug and play but...im skeered.lol i dont like going into a project not knowing EVERYTHING about it. but if i can get the engine out its basically the reverse affect going back in...

just go to a junk yard and try to pick up a wrecked 5-spd DA. A guy i went to school with paid like $300 for a wrecked 94 camaro because he needed the tranny and rear out of it. he ended up using that stuff and some of the interior parts.

just go to a junk yard and try to pick up a wrecked 5-spd DA. A guy i went to school with paid like $300 for a wrecked 94 camaro because he needed the tranny and rear out of it. he ended up using that stuff and some of the interior parts.

yeah i might do that. as of today (who knows wat tomarow will bring)ima do a b16a swap...find a wrecked b16 for parts and just go for it. can the parts come off of any older b16?

you may be able to use them. however jurt remember if you can find a rear-ended DA out of a junk yard you could just swap everything over. i know where i can get a 91 DA that runs and has 74k on the clock back home, however it is in NY and missing everything from the front seats back. someone took a plasma cutter to it right in front of the back seats.

Archived