my tranny

98civica

Ok four years ago my dad bought me a 1998 civic ex when he test drove it the tranny would jurk in first gear and only in first gear. But like a fracken retard we bought because the guy told us it had a new tranny in it. I dont know whats wrong with it we had it for ever now and the tranny has not gone out yet but it still jurks. Oh it only jurks when the car is warmed up or if it is really hottt out side, but if the car is cold or its cold out side it dont jurk but it pisses me off because i dont really have a first gear. It ia an automatic so i have no idea, and sometimes it wont jurk it will reve up to like 4grand and then kick into gear so it sounds like i dont know how to drive a standerd. Please help have no idea

huh?

Edit: i think i figured it out. your asking "thats the big thing when you pull the tranny off?" am i correct. if thats your question then yes. i looks like a big donut.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem lies in the kick down cable that is hooked up to your throttle body and tranny. it needs to be adjusted. If you tighten the cable or loosen it it makes it shift earlier or later. You need it to shift sooner as to avoid the jerking feeling your getting when the engine revs high then shifts. Monitor the shift point to second when you make the adjustments. You will notice a difference when you tighten or loosen the cable. Make your adjustments accordingly. Also flush out the tranny fluid with honda fluid only. It will smooth the shifts also. Fluid is the life blood of the tranny. Hope that helps

Archived