Should i get an erebuni body kit for my 626?

this is the Erebuni body kit.

626002f.jpg

the 2001 toyota celica Veilside body kit will also fit my mazda 626

cel00-vsfb.jpg

or keep it with the stock ground effects. i dont kave a picture of mine but here is a stock 626 (mine looks better)

nevermind. the stock picture wasnt right

I don't think I like that, its a little too bling bling for my taste, the side skirts look ok from those pictures but that bumper is a little excessive, but thats just my opinion

Guest Ih8GroceryGetters

Rice=Unfunctionable Modification

Import=Fairly decent cars

Body kit falls under Rice

i think of it as an appearance mod. does that mean washing your car is ricey? you do it to make your car look good...

i had my daytona repainted because i wanted it to look better..

is that rice?

to me ricey is when you put fake performance mods on the car. like type R stickers/badges (or any stickers that arent really mods that the car has), huge exhaust tips that sound like a pissed off weedwhacker, fake dual exhaust on a 4 cyl, etc...

my mazda 626 has the stock ground effects. when you buy it new, that is an option. you can buy a car without them. so doesnt that mean that my car is already ricey? it's not like they make it faster.... it just looks better......

18" rims would make my car look better, but they would actually hurt performance. i dont think a new set of rims qualifies as rice....

i appreciate your input, but you state it as if it were a fact when really it's just your opinion....

there are thousands of show cars and trucks out there. i dont think of a show car as rice.

i dont want a race car. i am not trying to give the impression that i have a 12 second car. i have a wife and two kids and just want a nice looking car.

i do car audio/video installations for a living. all my cars have or had big systems in them. this also hurts performance. i dont think of that as rice. everyone wants something different from their car. you obviously want a no frills race car. i want a car that looks nice, sounds nice, and has a comfortable ride.

rice, whatever... :worry:

Guest Ih8GroceryGetters

i think of it as an appearance mod. does that mean washing your car is ricey? you do it to make your car look good...

i had my daytona repainted because i wanted it to look better..

is that rice?

to me ricey is when you put fake performance mods on the car. like type R stickers/badges (or any stickers that arent really mods that the car has), huge exhaust tips that sound like a pissed off weedwhacker, fake dual exhaust on a 4 cyl, etc...

my mazda 626 has the stock ground effects. when you buy it new, that is an option. you can buy a car without them. so doesnt that mean that my car is already ricey? it's not like they make it faster.... it just looks better......

18" rims would make my car look better, but they would actually hurt performance. i dont think a new set of rims qualifies as rice....

i appreciate your input, but you state it as if it were a fact when really it's just your opinion....

there are thousands of show cars and trucks out there. i dont think of a show car as rice.

i dont want a race car. i am not trying to give the impression that i have a 12 second car. i have a wife and two kids and just want a nice looking car.

i do car audio/video installations for a living. all my cars have or had big systems in them. this also hurts performance. i dont think of that as rice. everyone wants something different from their car. you obviously want a no frills race car. i want a car that looks nice, sounds nice, and has a comfortable ride.

rice, whatever... :worry:

How is washing your car ricey?  It makes your car look better with out the added weight.  And besides since when is washing your car a modification?  

And since when is a point job a modification?  If the paints faded go ahead!  Cars need to look good.  But ground effects and other such mods change the purpose of what the car is really supposed to look like.

But ground effects and other such mods change the purpose of what the car is really supposed to look like.

is there a certain way a car is supposed to look. people have been changing the original look of their cars for a long time. did you ever see the hotrods from the 40s and 50s. sure a lot of them were built for racing only. but a lot of them were just for show.

my subwoofer enclosure in my 626 weighs 94 lbs. the sub weighs about 30 lbs. i'm not really concerned about weight.

i dont mean to sound like i'm arguing. i'm just saying that my car isnt meant to be a race car. i'm not implying that it's fast. i just was thinking about changing to look.

well, we're on opposite sides of the fence on this one. but i respect your opinion. thanks :cool:

Guest Ih8GroceryGetters

Well some of the stuff corvette people say is true.  I'm not blaming any thing on you.  Its those kids who have no idea of how to make a car go fast.  They think that once they have a fart pipe their car is the crap.  Is it in reality? Not even close.  And one thing I dont understand is how come all "Pimped out" imports all have the same stuff done to them.  I see it all so much to where their cars are no where near original.  Euro tail lights, dont even get me started.  Ground effects, waste of money and dont do anything for the car.  All the useless stickers like AEM Cold Air Intake.  What does that prove?  And the thing that gets me most...Those erector set spoilers.  Come on, we all know that those spoilers are useless unless your going over 150MPH!  RIDICULOUS!  Lowering springs, they do nothing except lower the ground clearance to where you have to be paranoid about everything you go over.  To be honest, it seems like people do this for the attention.  They sure do get the attention, but in my mind and everyone elses mind, you know we are laughing at how ridiculous thier car looks.  Not how attractive it is.  My theory is like anything else,  Its the inside that counts.  Looks do nothing for me.  In other words, would you rather have a car that looks bad ass and is a slow piece of crap, or a fast as hell car STOCK and looks like the coolest thing you have ever seen STOCK?

Archived