Distributor help please

Miamishatchback02

OK i had a d15z1 head whish is the vtec economy head and i upgraded to a d16y8 head now my question is will my distributor from my d15z1 economy vtec distributor from 92-95 fit on my d16y8 vtec 96-00? by the way whats the difference between the h22 injectors and the d16y8 injectors are they the same or what?

Ok, I looked up the OEM part numbers from Honda and you should be able to put your distributor from the 92-95 model onto the D16Y8 head.

Second, the injectors are different- totally different part number and different output... think about it, even the base H22 has a lot more power than the base D16 and has to throw more fuel... plus engine codes are different- they aren't the same at all.

Unless you have engine work done or are about to put on a forced induction system there is no reason to be looking for bigger injectors.

Ok, I looked up the OEM part numbers from Honda and you should be able to put your distributor from the 92-95 model onto the D16Y8 head.

Second, the injectors are different- totally different part number and different output... think about it, even the base H22 has a lot more power than the base D16 and has to throw more fuel... plus engine codes are different- they aren't the same at all.

Unless you have engine work done or are about to put on a forced induction system there is no reason to be looking for bigger injectors.

well i have done some work to the engine like it was a d15z1 and now its a d16y8 and well do u happen to know if the h22 are like 345cc or what exactly they are and well iam planing on boosting this motor soon to 15lbs

Can't say I know too much about the H22 injectors... if you still technically have a d-series engine, go grab some injectors off of a talon. I hope you have more than "a little work" done :thumbsup: to your internals and head- a stock D16Y8 head won't hold 15 psi.

Can't say I know too much about the H22 injectors... if you still technically have a d-series engine, go grab some injectors off of a talon. I hope you have more than "a little work" done :thumbsup: to your internals and head- a stock D16Y8 head won't hold 15 psi.

well that depends cuz i have my friend who i help rebuild a 98civic ex with the d16y8 and all we did was put new pistongs rods bearings and shaved port and polished head with some japanese valves that were installed at the place where the head was done and that car was making 349whp at 16psi

also i had a eclipse gst 95 turbo and i have the stock 450 injectors and i also have the stock injectors from the evo9 and those injectors dont fit in the honda intake manifold i already try to put them unless there is a way to make them fit and i dont know it

the dizzy has to match the OBD of the wiring harness used. so if your putting an OBD2 dizzy , in an OBD1 car with OBD1 engine , than your gonna need to splice the plug on.

Archived