88 si newb questions

guywhohatesdishes

Hi, just bought a cherry 88 si crx sunday, has a header and cold air intake, 1.6 I think, this little car zips, was wondering what stock HP ratings are and what motor swaps or maybe motor mods are user friendly with the best gains, I tried reading thru this forum and was a little overwhelmed. I have a 12 second camaro and was wondering if this car could do the same reasonably?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, just bought a cherry 88 si crx sunday, has a header and cold air intake, 1.6 I think, this little car zips, was wondering what stock HP ratings are and what motor swaps or maybe motor mods are user friendly with the best gains, I tried reading thru this forum and was a little overwhelmed. I have a 12 second camaro and was wondering if this car could do the same reasonably?

you can do the same. You can accomplish it on the motor alone with out boost or NOS. What is the budget? Do you have a choice between n/a or forced induction? It would take about 230-250whp to hit low 12's with that weight and being streetable. Let me know

Archived