electrical problems

98civica

i have a 98 honda civic it has a brand new battery and a few months ago i put fog lights on it this morning i left them on and now the car wont start, but i have battery charge but no radio no lights anything all fuses are good and i dissconected the fog lights but now i dont know what is wrong i think it is the fuseable link but dont know

What do you mean by "I have battery charge"? If you left the fog lights on, and nothing turns on- like the radio or lights... it means your battery is dead and has no charge. My opinion: bring it to autozone and have them hook it up to a tester. It takes 60 seconds and it's free. If it's dead or just about dead, they'll charge it there for an hour- for free and then you can bring it home, throw it back in, and you should be in business.

Post an update and I'll try to help more... but saying it has a charge and then not being able to turn the lights/radio on just doesn't add up. Just because the battery is new doesn't mean it can last all day/night with fog lights on and still hold it's normal charge.

What do you mean by "I have battery charge"? If you left the fog lights on, and nothing turns on- like the radio or lights... it means your battery is dead and has no charge. My opinion: bring it to autozone and have them hook it up to a tester. It takes 60 seconds and it's free. If it's dead or just about dead, they'll charge it there for an hour- for free and then you can bring it home, throw it back in, and you should be in business.

Post an update and I'll try to help more... but saying it has a charge and then not being able to turn the lights/radio on just doesn't add up. Just because the battery is new doesn't mean it can last all day/night with fog lights on and still hold it's normal charge.

hey bro its all good now it just blew out the battery fuse its fine now thanks for the help

Archived