Accord 05 Cool Blue Light Light replacement

woox

Hey guys, i wanted to replace my 2005 ACCORD DX lightbulb to the really nice cool blue one (instead of the ugly yellow).

I asked the guy at autozone and he said my car would take this one. 9006xscb:

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-9006XSCB-Ha...45344&sr=8-

I was wondering is this it or are there any cheaper solutions or a cheper model i can buy?

thnx in advnace

Cheaper than 10 bucks? None that'll look decent. Get the Sylvanias or a comparable brand. I had those on my last car and they were nice and bright and not yellow at all.

What you're talking about is an HID conversion. Those, done right, will cost way more than what you're looking at.

I recently put the Sylvania Ultra White or whatever they call it in my '99 Accord. They are noticeably whiter and brighter than the (original) stock bulbs that were in it (which I kept as spares). I got them at the local auto parts store (AutoZone or whatever). If you like the appearance of the blue lights they should be available there too. (I don't recall the brand name of the blue ones.)

On my car I had to loosen three screws per light bulb and then twist and pull. Then use a small screwdriver to release the catch on the plug to the bulb and wiggle it out of the connector. Then just reverse the process with the new bulb being careful not to touch the bulb with your hands.

The clerk at the store can pull up the right part number for your car.

I recently put the Sylvania Ultra White or whatever they call it in my '99 Accord. They are noticeably whiter and brighter than the (original) stock bulbs that were in it (which I kept as spares). I got them at the local auto parts store (AutoZone or whatever). If you like the appearance of the blue lights they should be available there too. (I don't recall the brand name of the blue ones.)

On my car I had to loosen three screws per light bulb and then twist and pull. Then use a small screwdriver to release the catch on the plug to the bulb and wiggle it out of the connector. Then just reverse the process with the new bulb being careful not to touch the bulb with your hands.

The clerk at the store can pull up the right part number for your car.

No reason to loosen mounting screws. Just unplug then twist bulb out.

No reason to loosen mounting screws. Just unplug then twist bulb out.

For some reason my car seems to be different. Even the Honda parts people were puzzled as it did not match their computer's drawings. Yes, the parts are the original parts. You can not turn the bulb assembly without loosening the screws which are clamping them in place. Go figure. Even so, the swap is pretty simple.

Cheers

Archived