Stroking questions

ok...... so my car is copletely in peices right now. i took off the head on my b16a2 to swap out my whole valve train and have the head port and polished, but when i took a look at the clylinders they didnt look completely round and sure enough they werent! so now im gonna rebuild the whole engine, but i dont know what stroker kit to go with. or maybe dont go with a kit, maybe just a b18c crank with forged rods and pistons. what do you all think. im eventually throwing on a JRSC and im aiming for 300whp.

you got the wrong engine for 300 whp with a SC. not gonna happen. you cant put a b18C crank in a B16A without alot of custom crap. just rebuild it and make it new again. if you want forced induction , go turbo with that engine. you can get 250-260 whp out of it , without breaking the bank too bad.

well it dont like turbos that much personally. they're great for power but i hate the lag, even the small turbos. i got a couple of buddies with turbos and i dont like the way they drive. but my buddys dad has an 06' civic Si with the jrsc and i loved it! the pull was amazing! it sold me! anyways..... what bout if i swapped for a gsr and sc? you think i could make 300 then?

no , lol , but youd be alot better off. they are barely getting 300 whp out of SC K20's dude , lol. unless you spend a fortune on them. if the turbo is properly sized for the engine , the lag is comming from the quality of the turbo.

man screw that. no offense. the b16a can and will do well over 300 whp. You may have to spend some money since you aren't into turbos. so here is what you do. First off: cold air intake (obviously), headers, full exhaust, high flow cat, type-r head swap (port and pollish), intake manifold, throttle body, Greddy ecu chip. the B16a puts out about 170 hp, 140 torque. the chip alone adds around 30-40 horses, and increases the redline, intake, exhaust, port and pollish, intake manifold, and throttle body should be somewhere in the high 200's close to 300.

man screw that. no offense. the b16a can and will do well over 300 whp. You may have to spend some money since you aren't into turbos. so here is what you do. First off: cold air intake (obviously), headers, full exhaust, high flow cat, type-r head swap (port and pollish), intake manifold, throttle body, Greddy ecu chip. the B16a puts out about 170 hp, 140 torque. the chip alone adds around 30-40 horses, and increases the redline, intake, exhaust, port and pollish, intake manifold, and throttle body should be somewhere in the high 200's close to 300.

Dunno where you're getting your numbers from but uh, I had a pushrod smallblock powered Trans Am that didn't get 40 whp off a f*cking chip and I had four more cylinders and quite a few more cubes of displacement.

You need to lay off the Gran Turismo kiddo.

Dude your an idiot. sit down shut up and read some topics, and maybe you'll learn something. #1 Cranny is a smart guy and knows his crap. #2 you wont make 30-40 horses off a chip, especially with those bolt ons. Now go seach the inter-world and learn more about Honda and Acura motors then try to have some type of reasonable input.

Edit: Damn it busted you beat me to it.

dude dont mean to bust your balls but they're right! this isnt like adding a APR chip to an MK4 buddy! we r dealing with a natuarly aspirated vehicle. a chip would only add like 7-15% at best! on the other hand i do agree with you that the b16 can push 300whp! money isnt flowing for me like i wish it was, but i have a lot of patience! it will come and i will be making post along the way for updates! i WILL push 300whp!

i'm not doubting you can make 300 on a b16 it's been done i've seen a few and seen a few videos of others. They are one mean motor when built but patience is key and if you have enough then it can be done.

well im still looking for what i should do to my engine! should i bore it to 84mm and sleeve it or to 82 so i actually have some round cylinders?

and i thought that the journal width and diameter were the same on the b18c1 and b16a crank as well as the deck height of the blocks? maybe im wrong though!

Archived