Conversion to a 99 civic si front end

KYdelSOL

I was thinking about putting a 99 civic front end on, but i'm not sure how ard it's going to be, or if it's even worth it. I keep getting two conflicting answers. I've been told that It will basically bolt right on, but i've also been told I'll have to cut and weld the whole front end on... Has anyone already done this? If so, do you have some pointers. I think it looks pretty sweet...

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/474180223.html

i dont think its really worth. its going to cost several thousand dollars to due, plus making them actually look good and flow with the rest is a very hard thing to do. you dont have to cut and weld the front end. usually its just hood, fenders, bumpers, and some supports

Well, the front fender and a little bit of the bumper need to be fixed anyway. someone bumped it when I was in the store. If I was going to have to put a new fender and bumper anyway.... That's why I was considering it to begin with.

It's a good way to turn a fairly simple project (ie replacing fenders and a bumper) into an expensive and complex one. Plus it'll look worse at then end, if you ask me. I mean, the headlights and front end are how you identify a car. Why mess with it?

it might involve a little cutting or something, but its not like you have to cut the whole front clip off of the civic and weld it to the del sol. body kits can range from 300 to over a thousand. you really get what you pay for with kits, and most of them make your car look riced out anyway. usually the fitment on body kits arent very good. my advice to you is just get the stock replacements. you can get OEM bumpers and fenders for pretty cheap if you look in the right places, and they are guaranteed to fit right

I needed to have it worked on anyway, so I was simply looking at my options. I figured it was going to cost quite a bit to replace the fender and bumper anyway, so why not look into it... It would basically be replacing one extra fender. The body guy I go to said I wouldn't have to get a different hood, and he does it for half the price of the dealerships and local garages. Plus he does great work. So I'm not really worried about it fitting together nicely. He's great when it comes to that... I'm still not sure. I'm just a little tired of the stock look...

well it wont cost that much to get a new bumper and fender. i know a guy who got a new bumper for $30. you could just check out a junk yard and maybe find a rear ended sol with a good bumper and fenders, and maybe even have the same color. you could also just add a lip to the stock bumper to give it a little something different, but im not sure what your taste is

theres not many kits that look good on a sol, unless your taste is over the top with lots of mesh. but kaminari makes a clean front end for the sol and it fitment is pretty perfect, but they are more expensive than other kits. also the mugen front end is nice, but getting an actual mugen one is hard and extremely pricey, so a knockoff is more likely.

Actually, everything on that front end was off eBay. The headlights were like 150, the bumper itself 80, the reflectors 30, and the lip 100. That includes shipping for everything.

For the price the fitment was alright, except the bumper. Don't get a bumper off eBay unless it's OEM -- that one required a lot of work to get it to fit right.

Archived