Help with d15z1

Miamishatchback02

Well people heres my problem i just got me a 92 hatchback with a d15z1 motor in it and i toke out the head, the pistongs and well by that u should know all i had to take of if u have done ti so now that i just got the block and the transmission left by themselves in the car what would u people recomend me to do to achieve good power on maybe nitrous or turbo what would be better? by the way i got me a d16z8 vtec head from a never model not sure whish one but all i know its a single cam head vtec and way different than mine from my 92 civic hatch so can anyone tell me what to do thanks.and also let me know what parts would be better to use and if there is anyway i can use parts from a b16 or b18 motor in this d15 block i apreciate the help

From what i know i thought the d15z1 was the "economy" version of the d16z6. swap the d16z6 head onto your motor. it'll make a little more power then go with low compression pistons and rings, get another set of "H" beam style rods, and rebuild the head with a perforance cam, and valve springs also take it some where to get it port and polished or pot matched. Put a larger fuel pump in it, alot of people use the Walbro 255lph. Then put it back together and start with a turbo build: Turbo manifold, turbo, down pipe, charge pipe, ect. After all that get it tuned.

i know there is some things i'm missing but you get the idea i hope.

Edit: I screwed up typing. it's been a long night.

From what i know i thought the d15z1 was the "economy" version of the d16z6. swap the d16z6 motor onto your motor. it'll make a little more power then go with low compression pistons and rings, get another set of "H" beam style rods, and rebuild the head with a perforance cam, and valve springs also take it some where to get it port and polished or pot matched. Put a larger fuel pump in it, alot of people use the Walbro 255lph. Then put it back together and start with a turbo build: Turbo manifold, turbo, down pipe, charge pipe, ect. After all that get it tuned.

i know there is some things i'm missing but you get the idea i hope.

ok well yeah its the economy version of vtec, and what u mean by swap the d16z6 motor onto my motor?

he means swap the head on, essentially making your car have vtec

Well thats the thing the d15z1 comes with vtec and it only had 92 hp but then i dont know what to do to it to make it faster than that to get the most hp out of it all moter then i would turbo it after i got the motor well hokes up but i dont know what to use in it like iam staying with the d15z1 block but i dont know if i can use the d16y8 pistongs and rods and the head of the d16y8 also. and stuff like that and if i can also use the d15b intake manifold instead of my d15z1 intake manifold.

i still say swap in a new motor. you'll spend several grand building the motor, then more for the turbo, and get what maybe another 100 hp? i say swap in a b18 or something so you have a good base motor that already has all the power you would get from building and boosting the motor you have now

Well thats the thing the d15z1 comes with vtec and it only had 92 hp but then i dont know what to do to it to make it faster than that to get the most hp out of it all moter then i would turbo it after i got the motor well hokes up but i dont know what to use in it like iam staying with the d15z1 block but i dont know if i can use the d16y8 pistongs and rods and the head of the d16y8 also. and stuff like that and if i can also use the d15b intake manifold instead of my d15z1 intake manifold.

yes yout d15z1 has vtec but it's the economy version so it's not cammedto make high end power. the d16z6 head, if you swap it on, will make about 20 or so more horses right off the start. the D16 head was cammed to make power up top and rev higher than the d15z1 head.

Archived