Question...

newkidwithsol

The lower compression you go the less power right? Im asking this because I dont konw and not because Im being ignorant. Why wouldnt you want higher compression? For a turbo what is the ideal compression that I would want? I know everyone is saying 9.5.... but if im gonna be spending that much money Im gonna get the best that I can... Are differant engines picky with their compressions? I guess what im trying to say is....... would my B18B1 prefer a differant compression then a d16?

Thats what i've been hearing.. could you maybe explain this to me a little.... like what the low compression does with the turbo inside the engine.... but my question still is if the higher compression makes more hp then why would I get low compression pistons? I'm not disagreeing with anyone I am getting low compression, just I'm trying to further my knowledge.

Thats what i've been hearing.. could you maybe explain this to me a little.... like what the low compression does with the turbo inside the engine.... but my question still is if the higher compression makes more hp then why would I get low compression pistons? I'm not disagreeing with anyone I am getting low compression, just I'm trying to further my knowledge.

Because you'll be forcing way too much air inside of those cylinders and generating a looooot more compression than necessary.

Thus resulting in breakage of parts.

With the type and quantity of questions you've been asking, I'd say have a professional choose the parts for your engine build for you. You're talking about laying out some serious cash for this. Get a build list custom made for what you want for a tiny bit of your total budget and you'll net regret it.

you can get the motor sleeved to factory bore or over sized (bored) .020, .030, .040 etc.

edit: wow i fell back to bikes and wheelers for a second. anyway you can still punch the sleeves out if you need to make them bigger.

Archived