A/C Compressor in 1991 Si 4WS

RamAirDave

Yeah, here's some advise: get ready to spray compressor lubricant, dye, and whatever else is in your lines, all over your engine bay unless you have collection/recycle system to hook up to it.

FYI:

Tetrafluoroethane (R134A) is denser than air (0.00425 g/cm³) so breathing alot of it will cause asphyxiation.

Dichlorodifluoromethane (R-12) is way more denser than air (6.25 kg/m³) so if you breath alot of it, you will die faster.

R-12 has a lifespan of 102 years and R-134a of 14.6 years, so how 'bout you don't shed chlorine radicals on my grandchildren.

A standard non asswipe answer would have sufficed. Did I make any mention of spraying the atmosphere with dangerous chemicals you dipShyt.

Why the hell did you even post? Moron

Yeah, here's some advise: get ready to spray compressor lubricant, dye, and whatever else is in your lines, all over your engine bay unless you have collection/recycle system to hook up to it.

FYI:

Tetrafluoroethane (R134A) is denser than air (0.00425 g/cm³) so breathing alot of it will cause asphyxiation.

Dichlorodifluoromethane (R-12) is way more denser than air (6.25 kg/m³) so if you breath alot of it, you will die faster.

R-12 has a lifespan of 102 years and R-134a of 14.6 years, so how 'bout you don't shed chlorine radicals on my grandchildren.

Why the hell did you even post? Moron

Probably because an alarmingly large number of people do just vent the stuff into the atmosphere.

Aside from that, one of my friends replaced the compressor on his girlfriends civic, it was pretty straightforward once the system was evacuated, just take the old one off and put the new one on, about the same as replacing an alternator.

Archived