need some help here

lol if the amp wasnt strong enough to power the speakers it wouldnt harm them, just dont turn the amp all the way up to start with, have the amp off turn the volume up on ur deck and just tune in the speakers

no dint mean that i dont want to harm them or something i was talking about getting the best sound out of them by putting them the way they were ment. cause my deck only runs 22 watts rms and my speakers need 75 rms and from what i heard an amp or deck that does not meet the rms wattage will hurt them more then one that goes over the rms watts.

lol if the amp wasnt strong enough to power the speakers it wouldnt harm them, just dont turn the amp all the way up to start with, have the amp off turn the volume up on ur deck and just tune in the speakers

Yes it would. You ever heard of clipping distortion. It's where the source lacks the power to properly drive the speakers, thereby damaging them.

The stats on that particular amp.

Channels Amplifier Type Dual Channel

Amplifier Output 2-channel

Power RMS Power 60 Watts x 2

Peak Power 120 Watts x 2

Output Details 60 Watt - 4 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08% - 14.4V DC - 2 channel(s), 75 Watt - 2 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.8% - 14.4V DC - 2 channel(s), 150 Watt - 4 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.8% - 14.4V DC - 1 channel(s)

Output Power 300 Watt

Input Signal Voltage 0.8 - 26V, 0.2 - 6.5V

Total Harmonic Distortion 0.08%, 0.8%, 0.8%

Features Low Pass Frequencies 80 Hz

Response Bandwidth 10 - 50000 Hz

Crossover Slope 12 dB/octave

Distortion Factor 0.008 %

High Level Inputs Yes

General Product Info Weight 5.3 lbs

Manufacturer Part No. GM-3300T

Model GM-3300T

UPC 012562842868

Dimension 2.4 in x 11.8 in x 7.6 in (HxWxD)

While it would work, I certainly wouldn't recommend it for a long period of time.

dude i have been working with stereo systems for about 6 years, u are not going to harm the speaker by not having the max power to them, all that number is there for is to show you what the recommended power range is, for optimal performance

Yes it would. You ever heard of clipping distortion. It's where the source lacks the power to properly drive the speakers, thereby damaging them.

If low power killed speakers, speakers would fail every time you turned down the volume my friend.

* If your speakers are capable of handling significantly more than your amplifier can produce, driving them with a clipped signal will not likely hurt them.

* If the speakers can handle 3 or 4 times the power that your amplifier can produce, there's virtually no way to damage your speakers (no matter how clipped the signal is).

* If your speakers are rated for the same power handling as your amplifier is capable of producing cleanly, driving them with a clipped signal for extended periods of time may cause speaker damage and/or premature failure.

* If your speakers are rated for the same power handling as your amplifier is capable of producing cleanly, driving them with a square wave signal for extended periods of time will likely cause speaker damage.

you guys can be somin else. speakers fail when your underpowering them WHILE UNDER A LOAD FOLKS. not turning them down, god the things you hear. overpowering an amp blows outputs , underpowering a speaker blows voice coils. i dont care how long any of you guys were working on stereos , thats the facts. but running half the nominal rating of the speaker wont hurt it. only if you severly underpower them. having too skinny a power wire for the application , can starve your amp and blow your outputs.

if u read my post to start with i said tune the sound of the speakers to the amp, by having the amp all the way turned down, if u tune them so there distorted and have the amp pushing the max its going to harm them, sure u can even say underpowering a speaker will harm them but ur not even going to notice a difference because it takes a long period of time, the main thing that hurts powered componant speakers is people that have a small ass amp turned all the way up pumpin distorted ass music though them, but the KEYWORD was TUNE THE AMP TO THE SPEAKERS!

you guys can be somin else. speakers fail when your underpowering them WHILE UNDER A LOAD FOLKS. not turning them down, god the things you hear. overpowering an amp blows outputs , underpowering a speaker blows voice coils. i dont care how long any of you guys were working on stereos , thats the facts. but running half the nominal rating of the speaker wont hurt it. only if you severly underpower them. having too skinny a power wire for the application , can starve your amp and blow your outputs.

The worst part about this whole post is that you think you are so right. . . but in reality. . . you are so very wrong.

Just because a speaker is underpowered. . DOES NOT. . .I repeat. . . DOES NOT mean that the signal is "clipped" or "distorted"

And even so, the probability that clipping will actually damage the coils in an UNDERPOWERED setup is about the same probability that i will be hitting the lotto this weekend.

Also. .

"overpowering an amp blows outputs" - How do you 'overpower' an amp? An amp is its own power source buddy.

"underpowering a speaker blows voice coils" - no sir. Pushing a sub/speaker past its mechanical limits blows voice coils. Its caused by over excursion and friction within a clipped or distorted signal or simply pushing it way past its breaking point in terms of power. Am i going to have to explain curved signals, signal spikes, and flat signals to you?

'having too skinny a power wire for the application , can starve your amp and blow your outputs.' - interesting way of putting it lol

The thing is. . I honestly think you are throwing these so called "FACTS" out there because you are just passing along information that was given to you by people who you THINK know a thing or two about car audio. This is how mis-information gets wide spread.

would some one please tell me what f en amp will be the best to use with my speakers to bring out everything this speakers can give me please.

this was already answered dude. The pioneer amp will work. You want have to worry about them blowing. 10 watts less. . wont hurt your speakers. The idea is just to adjust the gains to match the pre-out voltage of your head unit.

• 4 weeks later...

You my friend are incorrect. See the following link, it has answers as to how underpowering a sub will not damage it. http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum/head...ering-myth.html

Also, I had a DD 9515, which will take 3k-4k rms daily. I ran it with 500w for about a month or two and never had any problems. Care to explain?

Archived