Custom Sub Enclosure Help

Hdelsol95

damn this sucks and im drawing a big blank on what i wanna do with this damn setup! Idk im gunna try to draw something up for it, ill post it once i get it, also if anyone has any idea's suggestions please submit, need all the input i can get

I know how to do them, not such a pain, but just lookin for some creative idea's bc im drawing a blank and sick of my big ass bandpass box in my trunk, cant even fit the damn top in there

you could have each sub located where the tail lights are, facing towards the front of the car and have the amp in the middle sort of on the opposite side of where the license plate is. not sure if that makes sense, but thats what im going to do sometime in the future, so i can still have room in my trunk

i did a 15 in a friends spare tire well. used a rockford fosgate stage 2 and the airspace was almost perfect. mounted the amp on the back wall of the trunk, and ran all the wireing under the carped. it was very clean and for the amount of time and money we put into it, it was a very nice setup, bad thing is u cant haul a spare anymore and whatever u put in the trunk u have to be sure it doesnt puncure your sub.

ya i thought about utilizing that somehow, bc kind of pointless to have a spare right now lol, i have no jack in my car, dont ask me why thats the way i bought the damn thing, but i really dont like 15's, i have 2 12" JL W3v2's, i might try to sell those and go with some 10's bc they have a much more shaper/clear bass, idk ill think about it at work tonight.

i dont really like 15''s either, ive always ran 2 12''s in everything ive had. just alot tighter cleaner bass, but with the setup he was running it was surprisingly tight and clean. wasnt overpowered or anything turned out nice, plus still had hells of room for strut tower bar, roof, and all kinds of junk lol. and also since the car itself makes up 75% of the enclosure it keeps the weight to a minimum

not a very big difference, plus whats the point in driving if u cant enjoy the music!

There is a thing jl audio makes called a stealthbox.Its a custom box that has 8in. speakers and its ported. Speakers also come with the box i think. I know this because i want to do the same thing to my del sol but haven't been able to come up with anything besides this one guy whos selling his box for $500. Heres the website to check it out: http://www.mwhaire.net/delSol/index.html

I think im just gunna wait untill i run my 0/1 guage wire for my stereo, i have to pull it out of my grand prix, but im gunna relocate the battery to the trunk to clear some space up, so im gunna probley gunna make it so it covers it up, but ill keep everyone posted when i get the project on the way

oh yeah i herd of someone doing a blow through this his trunk, his rear window wont roll down now. but i herd its pretty sick still waiting to see it it was at a local oc show that i wasn't able to go to because i couldn't get off of work. I herd the sol is pretty sick and kills in sound comp.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/p...7969819,00.html

here is a link to the sub that i have. its shallow mounted and it sounds wicked. i obviously picked this up because i need the trunk space. its mounted in a simple shallow box made from bassworks. i used to have a 10" sub in my trunk, and with the new sub and box it takes half the space.

either way, just because the sub is so thin, i think you do alot of cool stuff with it. thats my two cents.

Archived