03 Accord headlight

MgsJester

Hey guys. My first post! Okay so I'm trying to change the headlights on my '03 Accord EX V6 Automatic Sedan. I looked into the hood and I took out the bulb on the passenger side and realized that it was the high beam. I want to get the low beam but it's really deep into the left side. I can see it with a flashlight. How am I supposed to get it out. Someone told me that I have to take off the fender liners..but is there a way to do it without such a hassle?

• 3 months later...
Hey guys. My first post! Okay so I'm trying to change the headlights on my '03 Accord EX V6 Automatic Sedan. I looked into the hood and I took out the bulb on the passenger side and realized that it was the high beam. I want to get the low beam but it's really deep into the left side. I can see it with a flashlight. How am I supposed to get it out. Someone told me that I have to take off the fender liners..but is there a way to do it without such a hassle?

I just replaced my driver side low beam today. I did have to remove the fender liner and access it through the wheel well. It really wasn't that bad. I popped out 7-8 of those plastic "rivets" and removed a couple of screws on bottom, then managed to maneuver it out of the way. I then loosened a couple of the screws and twisted bulb right out. I'm sure the passenger side is about the same.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my driver's side low beam. I ended up taking it to the dealer and told them "You win" and they took it back into the shop and came back in 5 minutes with the new bulb, that I had previously bought, installed. They did not charge me anything. I have no idea how they did it so fast. There must be some trick that they know.

Archived