car wont start!

linuxman

Ok....... wtf. My car drove/started fine yesterday, I hop in it just a few minutes ago to get some lunch, and it wont crank. Turns over just fine, radio/lights/electronics all work fine, but wont start. I've noticed a few issues with a main relay for the car, is there a known issue that keeps the car from starting but allows it to turn over? or a fuse for the fuel pump somewhere? i checked the fuse box under the hood and the one in the car and I cant find a fuse for the pumps anywhere.... help!

if you put the ignition to on, not start on, does the fuel pump kick on. if not then either the fuse is blown or the fuel pump is bad. if it kicks on then you are having an ignition issue, check the wires, cap, and rotor make sure everything is tight. the rotor in my 92 came undone a while back and that caused the car from starting. if none of this fixes it then i'm at a loss.

apparently it is the relay... after it cooled off a little (from our usual afternoon 100+ degrees with 90% humidity...) it started just fine. I've heard you can re-solder the connections on the relay to fix it, I might try that for grins to see if it helps any.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived