Accord Trunk mounted CD Changer

itsahonda

First post here. Looking for some specs on '93 Accord 4DR EX, Manual Trans.

Does anyone know if this model is pre-wired for a trunk-mount CD Changer? I can't seem to find out for sure. I am wanting to install such a changer and some sites say the car is factory pre-wired for the changer. All I can find behind the panel in the trunk is the hookup for tow lights. Should I be looking in another part of the trunk? If a CD connector is there, what does it look like? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I did find out today that there is no factory pre-wiring to put a changer in the trunk, and further bad news is that my '93 factory stereo might not even have the DIN connection to add a CD changer myself. It's amazing the twisted road one can travel looking for info about vehicles and what year model has this or that feature. I was originally told by an "expert" at a dealer that my radio, which is only a Honda AM-FM cassette stereo, should have a DIN plug on it to attach a trunk mount CD changer. Now I have done some internet searching and and talked to another expert who says a factory Honda Radio that does not have controls on it for CD functions cannot possibly have a DIN connector for an external CD changer. Anyway, this weekend I am going to end this matter by taking out the radio and having a look myself. I think I already know what I will find, i.e., no did connection.

Archived