upper ball joint

95_lumaccord

i recently bought a 95 accord ex 5 spd. when i got an oil change done i found out my upper ball joints are bad. the mechanic told me that i had to buy the whole control arm???? autozone sells just the ball joints for 50, and the control arm for 95 but do i really need to buy the whole control arm? also, it has 4 wheel disc. and they stop nicely, but my peddle can be pressed all the way to the floor??? is that normal? and my last question is my aftermarket headers has a crack. can i cold weld, or jb weld it then wrap it with header wrap to keep heat and remain efficent?

ill post pics up latter when i have time.

the header has to be welded. yes you need the whole control arm for the uppers , the upper arm and ball joint are one piece. the reason autozone sells them seperate if prolly for people who want to switch over to control arms that have removeable ball joints. your brakes might need to be bled if recent work was done that required opening the hydrolic system , you might have seized caliper sliders , your pads might be worn way down to almost gone , you could be down on brake fluid.

Archived