Head gasket?

ok i swapped my b16 into my crx about 9 months ago and it ran good but smoked a little so i did a compression check on it and come to find out it was the valve seals so i pulled to head off and sent it down for some work. new seals,crower springs and retanainers, port and polish, 3 angle vavle job. put the head back on and it runs good but the problem is when i pull my plugs i have oil on them and i never had this before i pulled the head off. what so u think this could be? also theres no water in the oil.

thanks

ok i swapped my b16 into my crx about 9 months ago and it ran good but smoked a little so i did a compression check on it and come to find out it was the valve seals so i pulled to head off and sent it down for some work. new seals,crower springs and retanainers, port and polish, 3 angle vavle job. put the head back on and it runs good but the problem is when i pull my plugs i have oil on them and i never had this before i pulled the head off. what so u think this could be? also theres no water in the oil.

thanks

I would say you need to replace the valve cover gasket. Oil is probably leaking through one of the four O-rings that seal the spark plugs.

I was getting oil in my spark plug holes when I needed to replace my VC gasket, but then again it showed up on the rubber cables at the bottom, not on the threads of the plugs themselves. I'd still try replacing seals just to see if it helps.

its the valve cover plug ring seals dude. the fact the oil was on the threads doesnt matter , as soon as you loosen and pull the plug , everything that was built up around it , falls through if you follow me. your plug wouldnt get oil on it like that from anything internal.

its the valve cover plug ring seals dude. the fact the oil was on the threads doesnt matter , as soon as you loosen and pull the plug , everything that was built up around it , falls through if you follow me. your plug wouldnt get oil on it like that from anything internal.

ok another question i installed a block gaurd when i but the head back on but left it level with the deck on the block but i was told my a buddy over at jdm addiction that u need to put it down in the block like 5/32 has anyone heard of this?

i need to pull the head off again anyways because it leaks oil on the out side edges of the head!

yeah your block guard should be slightly countersunk for sure. i have no idea why you would have that in there. do yourself a favor and take it out when you replace the HG.

how much boost? how much power do you push? leave it in if you wish , just make sure its not interferring with the HG. since you run boost , id recommend when you put your new HG on , coat both sides in copper HG spray , insurance. if your bottom end is stock , im guessing your not running any more than 8 psi , if this is the case , your blockguard is useless to you. if you wanna do somin , throw some rods pistons and ARP bolts in it , than you dont have to worry about hurting it.

how much boost? how much power do you push? leave it in if you wish , just make sure its not interferring with the HG. since you run boost , id recommend when you put your new HG on , coat both sides in copper HG spray , insurance. if your bottom end is stock , im guessing your not running any more than 8 psi , if this is the case , your blockguard is useless to you. if you wanna do somin , throw some rods pistons and ARP bolts in it , than you dont have to worry about hurting it.

yeah i hear u but dont really feel like pull the block apart. but ya i geuss ill pull the block gaurd out when i pull the head back off.oh and no i dont have boost i was planning on it after i seen how it ran with the head work but i do have a 75 wet shot on it though which i like. im not like the retards around here who use NOS as a passing gear i only use it at the tracking or if i racing.

Archived