2.0 Knocks at mid throttle???

fifty9singlecab

I was wondering if it may be something besides a rod. My 1988 Prelude 5 spd. runs great and has just had a new clutch installed and now this. You can start it and it fires right up and purrs like a kitten. Then when you rev up the motor it knocks. I just changed the oil and put some Lucas treatment in it but it doesn't seem to be helping. Thanks for any help or pointers.

I was wondering if it may be something besides a rod. My 1988 Prelude 5 spd. runs great and has just had a new clutch installed and now this. You can start it and it fires right up and purrs like a kitten. Then when you rev up the motor it knocks. I just changed the oil and put some Lucas treatment in it but it doesn't seem to be helping. Thanks for any help or pointers.

Sounds like a rod knock. Have you tried using fully synthetic oil to try and dampen the noise?

Oh my god... You did not just tell him to hide the noise did you? You have got to be craptin me! Never try to mask a bad sound. Rod knock is not a good thing.

Drain your oil, and pull your oil pan and look at your crankshaft, rod bearings, main bearings, rod bolts and rods themselves. If there is anything that doesn't look right its probably not.

• 4 weeks later...

sounds like something that just happened to my 02 Altima (yes i know it's not a Prelude but i have a 88 S Lude) a rod knock is not a good thing. i ended up having to replace my whole engine in the Altima. that was not cheap, but if you have to replace your engine, you probably can find another 2.0 pretty cheap.

http://www.nippon-motors.com/honda.htm

i hope that helps

some people don't like to search.

Archived