Newb

hondafreak17

Hey everyone my name is Josh I drive a 1993 Honda Del Sol S its a pretty nice fun car but i plan to make it a show car. its pretty much all stock right now except for some nice 15in rims. ive got big plans for my car tho. one day im hoping to get an H22 with a turbo droped in along with a custom tranny. Ill also be painting it royal metalic blue once i move down to cali. i just got accepted to UTI for auto body repair and paint down in cali so ill be moving there august 18th 2008. till then ill just mostly be saving up for college and the motor swap and working on everything electrical. im getting 4 10in subs and a custom made box put in behind the seats remote start keyless entry underglow that only comes on when locked and unlocked and all the goodies. got any ideas for my car hit me up!!

Oh, well yea..that'd be good. I mean having it there for show when it's parked, is one thing..especially if you have a lot of accents on the car that you personally believe will go with it. Show cars are gaudy, so the neon's would probably be good if you're entering it into a competition. HOWEVER, don't have some crap you can have on while you're driving around.

Otherwise you'll be looking like a giant n00bcake going down the road.

ya it would only be something that was on when it was parked for show. it is way illegal here for neons expecally blue that would be a HUGE ticket cuz its a color the police use and cuz its a distraction to other drivers. but ya my car is goin to be a show car one day not in comps tho. im hopefully goin to pait it dark metalic blue within the next year or so. it will look pretty bad ass

ya i think im goin to lower it but only like an inch lower than it is now. idk if its lowered already or not i bought it acouple months ago and i cant tell looks like stock springs but looks lower than most other del sols ive only got 16in rims and about an inch would put it about even with the top of the rim which is as low as you can go and be legal here.

Camber* kit, Skunk2 Sells them..Blox sellsthem.. shop around, find a decent price. Buy from well known companies though. Suspension isn't something you wanna' mess around with and trust with some ass puppet company.

ok cool thanks. so if i was also want to lower my car a lil whats the diff with coil overs and just the springs?? whats the best way to lower a car?? and you wouldnt happen to know if like 92 or 93 civic coil overs would fit on a 93 del sol??

Just trust me on this when I say go with coilovers. If you go with JUST springs, you'll inevitably burn through shocks unless you buy a good set. If I were you ..which you'll probably end up doing anyway.. I'd go with KYB AGX which is an adjustable gas shock that can go from VERY SOFT to EXTREMELY hard at the switch of a knob. Depending on what kind of driving you do, I'd go with a mild drop spring or something rather than drag springs.

ok sweet so maybe some adjustable coilovers with kyb agx adjustable gas shocks? ya i think my car is ready for new shocks any way it rides like a forklift every little bump or little inperfection in the road i hit it feels like a speed bump. lol

ok sweet so maybe some adjustable coilovers with kyb agx adjustable gas shocks? ya i think my car is ready for new shocks any way it rides like a forklift every little bump or little inperfection in the road i hit it feels like a speed bump. lol

No, shocks + coils = eliminates coilovers.

You can BUY a coilover setup but they're generally pretty expensive..at least for a good set.

Archived