Motor swap help

hondafreak17

Hey I'm new to all this but looking for a good place for advice. But i got a 93 Del Sol S and im wanting to do a motor swap in it something nice fast but yet not extrememly expensive any suggestions?

Hey I'm new to all this but looking for a good place for advice. But i got a 93 Del Sol S and im wanting to do a motor swap in it something nice fast but yet not extrememly expensive any suggestions?

hey thanks!! ill look into that.

It all depends on if you take it to a shop or if you can do everything yourself.

Also depends on if you want to stay single cam or dual cam.

If you can do the work yourself you might as well hunt around for a good used motor. If you stay with the D series motor you could swap in a D16Z6 that came in the Si model Del Sol's and find one for cheap cause that's usually what people end up swapping out. I've seen people practically give them away. For the B series motors everyones gonna say B16 or B18C1 or B18C5 (cheaper to most expensive)

Or a bunch of other people will say keep the motor you have and just turbo it.

I've been reading up on swaps and I'm thinking about getting a B20Z motor (they were in the Honda CRV's). Not massive horsepower but the torque is what I'm looking at. I think it's 146/hp and 133/torque. And if you put a B series vtec head on it you get more hp.

Here's a link to some good basic information that you want.

http://www.hondahookup.com/info/engine_swap_faq.php

It all depends on if you take it to a shop or if you can do everything yourself.

Also depends on if you want to stay single cam or dual cam.

If you can do the work yourself you might as well hunt around for a good used motor. If you stay with the D series motor you could swap in a D16Z6 that came in the Si model Del Sol's and find one for cheap cause that's usually what people end up swapping out. I've seen people practically give them away. For the B series motors everyones gonna say B16 or B18C1 or B18C5 (cheaper to most expensive)

Or a bunch of other people will say keep the motor you have and just turbo it.

I've been reading up on swaps and I'm thinking about getting a B20Z motor (they were in the Honda CRV's). Not massive horsepower but the torque is what I'm looking at. I think it's 146/hp and 133/torque. And if you put a B series vtec head on it you get more hp.

Here's a link to some good basic information that you want.

http://www.hondahookup.com/info/engine_swap_faq.php

o wow thank you so much!! i just started looking around and i was sorta thinking about getting the like 94 or 95 del sol vtec. you think that would be the easiest way to go? getting like 160hp stock 111 torque then ill prob have it all rebuilt and modded a bit. but that would just drop into a 93 del sol right??

Go for nothing and instead do lots of research, man. Trust me on this. Save your money because with your level of experience I can guarantee that you'll waste a lot of time and money. Once you know nearly exactly how you'd go about doing a full swap on your own, then start thinking about it.

well i prob would have it taken in to have pros do it right. i dont have enough experence to try to do it myself on my car. im goin to call see how much it would cost for them to do it. cuz dont they get like 190hp or so stock?? and depending on how much for instal will pretty much tell me if im goin to do it or just go buy a 94 or 95 del sol vtec instead.

maybe not for some ppl, but after spendin 1500+ on the swap, another g fuk that. get a manual, a cherry picker, some friends, a garage and a 30 pack....and spend that g on mods

ya maybe idk. i would if this car wasnt my baby and wasnt my only dependable car i cant afford to not drive it for to many days and if i was to do it myself who knows how long it would take. and i wouldnt want to mess it up i want it to be perfect. this car is goin to be a show car..

well i prob would have it taken in to have pros do it right. i dont have enough experence to try to do it myself on my car. im goin to call see how much it would cost for them to do it. cuz dont they get like 190hp or so stock?? and depending on how much for instal will pretty much tell me if im goin to do it or just go buy a 94 or 95 del sol vtec instead.

I've owned a 1997 del Sol S, and a 1996 del Sol VTEC. I must say, for the price I would much rather just buy the VTEC model. cost me $4000, and it was pretty clean. plus you get the spoiler, brakes, better suspension, power everything. if I guess right you have a manual, and the manual del Sol S was the only del Sol ever that came without power steering. No ABS, no power mirrors, etc. The VTEC model is just a nicer car. period.

In another thread he mentions wanting an H22 swap, but I dunno.

The only B series that would be close to that would be GSR or, more accurately, ITR I think.

Again, I say do your research even if you don't plan on doing it yourself.

ya i have the del sol with the no ps abs or anything just the plain del sol S. im either thinking about just getthing the 94 or 95 del sol vtec motor to drop in with 160hp or the H22 with about 190hp

Archived